Translation of porky in Spanish:
adjective -kier, -kiest
- (British English) [colloquial]
- Opposite me, a porky man devoured his three double cheeseburgers in a panic.
- He must have thought that the music teacher was porky himself to have made the association in the first place.
- The health warnings before you start each tape indicate real fears of porky viewers overdoing it.
- Example sentences
- Slowly but surely it becomes easier and infinitely more desirable to tell and to live the truth than to indulge in porky-pies.
- Women, its findings suggest, are likely to be more prolific in the sexual porky-pie stakes than men.
- Solution: get them to study literature so that they appreciate what fiction is actually about: telling the truth by telling porkies.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.