Translation of portable in Spanish:
- [television/typewriter] portátil; [programing language] portátil; [pension] (British English/inglés británico) transferibleExample sentences
- Mr McDowell said afterwards a simple mistake had caused the fire after a child carried a portable television into the kitchen and left it on top of a cooker where it began to smoulder before catching fire.
- A colleague had a tiny portable television with a black and white screen.
- Not to stop with a portable television, mini table fan, handgrips in steel chains, the rider shows his obsession for siren and mini cone speaker.
- The same factors that made hardware-centric database machines obsolete in favor of portable database software are now at play in the storage market.
- So I read this section wondering whether OS X apps were somehow portable to other OSes.
- System and method for controlling data transfer between multiple interconnected computer systems with a portable input device
- The banking services include payment of interest on current accounts, portable credit history and an unbundling of banking services.
- What Europe clearly needs is portable pensions - retirement packages that its workers can take anywhere.
- This loan is portable, which means that you can transfer it to a home of equal or greater value.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.