Translation of portable in Spanish:
portátil(pension) (British English)
- Mr McDowell said afterwards a simple mistake had caused the fire after a child carried a portable television into the kitchen and left it on top of a cooker where it began to smoulder before catching fire.
- A colleague had a tiny portable television with a black and white screen.
- Not to stop with a portable television, mini table fan, handgrips in steel chains, the rider shows his obsession for siren and mini cone speaker.
- The same factors that made hardware-centric database machines obsolete in favor of portable database software are now at play in the storage market.
- So I read this section wondering whether OS X apps were somehow portable to other OSes.
- System and method for controlling data transfer between multiple interconnected computer systems with a portable input device
- The banking services include payment of interest on current accounts, portable credit history and an unbundling of banking services.
- What Europe clearly needs is portable pensions - retirement packages that its workers can take anywhere.
- This loan is portable, which means that you can transfer it to a home of equal or greater value.
- (television)televisor (masculine) portátil(typewriter)
máquina (feminine) de escribir portátilExample sentences
- Investigators found five portable stoves containing charcoal in the vehicle and its windows sealed with tape from the inside.
- The trouble is that they forget that people do not carry portable, battery-operated apartments around in their pockets.
- There will be no fans, the units will have to run cool enough for it to be comfortable to carry them around (think how people would have laughed if you'd predicted portables too hot to carry ten years ago).
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.