n (plural -lios)
- 1 1.1 (case) portafolio(s) (m), cartera (f)More example sentences1.2 (samples of work) carpeta (feminine) de trabajos
More example sentences
- Then she started picking up folders, portfolios, drawings, papers, everything important that she could find and locked it in her cabinet.
- His fingers lost their iron grip, and the portfolio with the drawing paper fell to the ground, with my portrait landing at my feet.
- I took my favorite drawings out of the portfolio and hung them as well.
- Part of their course work involves creating actual marketing pieces for their portfolios.
- Since earning her graduate degree from Yale only two years ago, Katy Grannan has compiled an impressive portfolio of portraits.
- In the midst of this fabulous display the patron and other gentlemen examine a portfolio while a young art student draws from the assembled works.
- 2 [Politics/Política] cartera (feminine) Minister without Portfolio ministro, (masculine, feminine) sin carteraMore example sentences
- However, he has been retained as a Cabinet minister without a portfolio.
- Some Cabinet ministers whose portfolios are related to the forum's subject did not attend the meeting.
- Timbul was given a position without a portfolio as an expert staff assigned to the minister.
- 3 [Finance/Finanzas] cartera (feminine) de acciones (before noun/delante del nombre) portfolio investments inversiones (feminine plural) de carteraMore example sentences
- Dividend reinvestment plans, or DRIPs, allow investors to build investment portfolios by reinvesting dividends into more shares.
- I used to have a fair portion of my investment portfolio allocated to bonds.
- To be sure, much global finance reflects growing investment portfolios, some doubtless with a speculative component.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a privately owned school that receives no government funds is called a colegio privado. Parents pay monthly fees. Colegios privados cover all stages of primary and secondary education.