Translation of portfolio in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -lios)
- 1 1.1 (case) portafolio(s) (masculine), cartera (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (samples of work) carpeta (feminine) de trabajos
- Then she started picking up folders, portfolios, drawings, papers, everything important that she could find and locked it in her cabinet.
- His fingers lost their iron grip, and the portfolio with the drawing paper fell to the ground, with my portrait landing at my feet.
- I took my favorite drawings out of the portfolio and hung them as well.
- Part of their course work involves creating actual marketing pieces for their portfolios.
- Since earning her graduate degree from Yale only two years ago, Katy Grannan has compiled an impressive portfolio of portraits.
- In the midst of this fabulous display the patron and other gentlemen examine a portfolio while a young art student draws from the assembled works.
- 2 [Politics/Política] cartera (feminine) Minister without Portfolio ministro, (masculine, feminine) sin carteraExample sentences
- However, he has been retained as a Cabinet minister without a portfolio.
- Some Cabinet ministers whose portfolios are related to the forum's subject did not attend the meeting.
- Timbul was given a position without a portfolio as an expert staff assigned to the minister.
- 3 [Finance] cartera (feminine) de acciones (before noun/delante del nombre) portfolio investments inversiones (feminine plural) de carteraExample sentences
- Dividend reinvestment plans, or DRIPs, allow investors to build investment portfolios by reinvesting dividends into more shares.
- I used to have a fair portion of my investment portfolio allocated to bonds.
- To be sure, much global finance reflects growing investment portfolios, some doubtless with a speculative component.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.