Translation of portion in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (of food) porción (feminine) (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina) , ración (feminine) (especially Spain/especialmente España) 1.2 (share) parte (feminine) her portion of the estate su parte or porción de la herenciaExample sentences
Example sentences1.3 (part) parte (feminine)
- The pellets were resuspended and two aliquots withdrawn for analysis.
- Sample aliquots were frozen and stored for later analyses.
- After mixing and centrifugation, aliquots of the acetic acid phase were injected onto a Chromatographic system for quantitation of catecholamines.
- The Parish is being divided up and portions are being allocated to Salthill, St. Joseph's and the Claddagh Parishes.
- The stake to be floated will be divided into four equal portions and will be put for sale in different sessions.
- The project is divided into different portions, individually tendered and contracted.
- The analysis of data is based on a portion of the whole survey.
- It's much nicer to be on a brightly lit television set with an entertainer for a judge in front of you, and the whole nation or a portion of the nation with nothing better to do watching.
- But when modern societies abolished the stigmas on illegitimacy, divorce, and all the rest, whole portions of the social structure just caved in.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas