- 1 1.1 (of food) porción (feminine) (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina) , ración (feminine) (especially Spain/especialmente España) 1.2 (share) parte (feminine) her portion of the estate su parte or porción de la herenciaMore example sentences
More example sentences1.3 (part) parte (feminine)
- The pellets were resuspended and two aliquots withdrawn for analysis.
- Sample aliquots were frozen and stored for later analyses.
- After mixing and centrifugation, aliquots of the acetic acid phase were injected onto a Chromatographic system for quantitation of catecholamines.
More example sentences
- The Parish is being divided up and portions are being allocated to Salthill, St. Joseph's and the Claddagh Parishes.
- The stake to be floated will be divided into four equal portions and will be put for sale in different sessions.
- The project is divided into different portions, individually tendered and contracted.
- The analysis of data is based on a portion of the whole survey.
- It's much nicer to be on a brightly lit television set with an entertainer for a judge in front of you, and the whole nation or a portion of the nation with nothing better to do watching.
- But when modern societies abolished the stigmas on illegitimacy, divorce, and all the rest, whole portions of the social structure just caved in.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.