- 1 1.1 (of food) porción (feminine) (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina) , ración (feminine) (especially Spain/especialmente España) 1.2 (share) parte (feminine) her portion of the estate su parte or porción de la herencia marriage portion dote (feminine)More example sentences
More example sentences1.3 (part) parte (feminine)
- The pellets were resuspended and two aliquots withdrawn for analysis.
- Sample aliquots were frozen and stored for later analyses.
- After mixing and centrifugation, aliquots of the acetic acid phase were injected onto a Chromatographic system for quantitation of catecholamines.
More example sentences
- The Parish is being divided up and portions are being allocated to Salthill, St. Joseph's and the Claddagh Parishes.
- The stake to be floated will be divided into four equal portions and will be put for sale in different sessions.
- The project is divided into different portions, individually tendered and contracted.
- The analysis of data is based on a portion of the whole survey.
- It's much nicer to be on a brightly lit television set with an entertainer for a judge in front of you, and the whole nation or a portion of the nation with nothing better to do watching.
- But when modern societies abolished the stigmas on illegitimacy, divorce, and all the rest, whole portions of the social structure just caved in.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The variety of catalán spoken in the Balearic Islands is called mallorquín. Some people regard it as a separate language from Catalan, which enjoys official status, but it is not officially recognized as such.