Translation of portray in Spanish:
- 1.1 (depict) this painting portrays the Last Suppereste lienzo representa la Última Cena1.2 (describe, represent)(person/scene)he attempted to portray their appalling living conditions
describirtrató de describir las condiciones terribles en que vivíana clichéd gangster as portrayed in the moviesun gángster típico, como los de las películasExample sentences
Example sentences1.3 (act)
- Rather, Thai children's literature portrays cultural practices and values through both explicit instructions and implicit morals.
- Interestingly, the Torah is unique among all ancient national literature in that it portrays its people in both victory and defeat.
- At its worst, the literature portrays the professor as a rusty wheel ignoring the paradigm shift.
- The compilation of this report if attempting to portray an unbiased account should have mentioned the Palestinian casualties.
- An actor who feels he has served his time, he is angered by reports that portray him as an over night success and is not prepared to underestimate his value now.
- The reports also portray a shocking tale of work almost without break and poor living conditions.
- Three of the four children are portrayed by actors in their first major roles.
- Winners received a trip to Washington and Mt. Vernon, and got to ask their questions in person to an actor portraying the first president.
- As is always the case when a film contains an abnormal character, the actor portraying him takes the spotlight.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.