Translation of portray in Spanish:
- 1.1 (depict) this painting portrays the Last Supper1.2 (describe, represent)este lienzo representa la Última Cena(person/scene)he attempted to portray their appalling living conditionsa clichéd gangster as portrayed in the moviestrató de describir las condiciones terribles en que vivíanun gángster típico, como los de las películasExample sentences
Example sentences1.3 (act)
- Rather, Thai children's literature portrays cultural practices and values through both explicit instructions and implicit morals.
- Interestingly, the Torah is unique among all ancient national literature in that it portrays its people in both victory and defeat.
- At its worst, the literature portrays the professor as a rusty wheel ignoring the paradigm shift.
- The compilation of this report if attempting to portray an unbiased account should have mentioned the Palestinian casualties.
- An actor who feels he has served his time, he is angered by reports that portray him as an over night success and is not prepared to underestimate his value now.
- The reports also portray a shocking tale of work almost without break and poor living conditions.
- Three of the four children are portrayed by actors in their first major roles.
- Winners received a trip to Washington and Mt. Vernon, and got to ask their questions in person to an actor portraying the first president.
- As is always the case when a film contains an abnormal character, the actor portraying him takes the spotlight.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.