Translation of posit in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [formal] plantear, postularExample sentences
- I decided to do a little field research to test said hypothesis, one I've in fact posited myself on occasion.
- As soon as you let colonial architecture be a part of the vernacular then you have posited a sensible argument and can stop there.
- If one wants to use a god of the gaps argument, one can posit an intelligent cause as an alternative to any scientific theory.
- You seem to be positing your argument on the assumption that Weldon v Neal is engaged if, but only if, the material facts had been pleaded in a different legal category as applied to them.
- The first posits an attack on Washington, possibly the Capitol, which was believed to be the target of the 9/11 jet that crashed in Pennsylvania.
- But the off-hand manner in which he posits a major attack on US soil ‘affecting’ the presidential election suggests he is merely echoing a common theme of discussions in the corridors of power of the American capital.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.