- 1 c 1.1 (location) posición (f), ubicación (f) (esp AmL) can you give me your exact position? ¿puede darme su posición or (esp AmL) ubicación exacta? enemy positions posiciones (fpl) enemigas position closed (BrE) ventanilla cerrada they took up their positions in the parade ocuparon sus puestos en el desfile policemen had taken up positions around the building los policías se habían apostado alrededor del edificio the castle occupies a commanding position above the town el castillo domina la ciudad desde lo alto they changed position se cambiaron de lugar or de sitio to be in position/out of position estar* en su sitio/fuera de lugarMore example sentences1.2 [Sport] posición (f)
More example sentences
- This is determined by the simple expedient of the listener holding a microphone to locate their position in the room.
- He made another important contribution in using a grid to locate positions of places on the Earth.
- Bringing the pole down into a horizontal position, my right arm out behind me, locating the position of my left hand was easy.
- Don't we need provisions in player contracts that require the players to accept positions on the Olympic team?
- The team spent the rest of the draft wisely looking for backups at depth-shy positions and special team players.
- Third base once was a position flush with players with outsize offensive numbers.
- 2 c 2.1 (posture) posición (f), postura (f) 2.2 (stance, point of view) postura (f), posición (f)More example sentences
More example sentences
- The walls, which can be moved to any number of positions, have been arranged so that visitors can enjoy intriguing and compelling vistas of Klee's works.
- When pasting the red paper on the door, the character fu must be arranged in an upside-down position.
- The big pile of bedding to the left is our futons which I've expertly arranged into a sitting position.
- What is worse is that they assume that their view constitutes a feminist position on the issue.
- Is it possible to take a position on violence as a means towards an end, regardless of the nature of that end?
- Opinions, ideas, viewpoints, positions, perspectives, angles, impressions - now these I can handle.
- 3 3.1 c (in hierarchy) posición (f); (in league) puesto (m), lugar (m) in second/third position en segundo/tercer puesto or lugar 3.2 c (job, post) [formal] puesto (m) a position of responsibility/trust un puesto de responsabilidad/confianzaMore example sentences3.3 u (social standing) posición (f)
More example sentences
- There are some paid positions, but at levels below what any mainstream publication would consider a skeleton staff.
- It usually appoints its cronies to positions of importance.
- At that time, I was running for elections for the position of external relations Officer.
- Everyone wants to play for each other, but we're all in different positions at club level, so some will be out to prove a point
- I am now considering my options in relation to my position in the Labour party.
- I feel languorous about my world, and of my position and importance in it.
- 4 c (situation, circumstances) situación (f) our economic position has improved nuestra situación económica ha mejorado the workforce is in a strong bargaining position los trabajadores están en una buena posición para negociar what's the current position with regard to deliveries? ¿cúal es la situación con respecto a las entregas? it put us in a difficult/an awkward position nos puso en una situación difícil/delicada (if I were) in your position yo que tú, yo en tu lugar put yourself in my position ponte en mi lugar Jean's in the best position to know Jean es quien mejor puede saberlo you're in no position to criticize no eres la persona más indicada para criticar I'm not in a position to help them at the moment en este momento no estoy en condiciones de prestarles ayuda I'm in the fortunate position of having a private income tengo la suerte de disponer de rentasMore example sentences
- Any significant increase in costs could affect the financial position adversely.
- I am not in a position to judge the financial standing of either company.
- After all, the government says it will continuously review its position as the situation changes.
Santería is a religious cult, fusing African beliefs and Catholicism, which developed among African Yoruba slaves in Cuba. Followers believe both in a single supreme being and also in orishas, deities who each share an identity with a Christian saint and who combine a force of nature with human characteristics. Rituals involve music, dancing, sacrificial offerings, divination, and going into trances.
- colocar*, poner* police had been positioned at both ends of the street habían apostado policías a ambos extremos de la calle he positioned himself between the two guests of honor se situó or (AmL tb) se ubicó entre los dos invitados de honorMore example sentences
- The rain stopped as soon as we had positioned ourselves in the doors and windows overlooking the lawn and the porch.
- The staff can keep an eye on everyone from their centrally positioned work station.
- The cafeteria lunch servers are positioned near the doors with bags of chips, cookies, and soda in case you need a quick recharge.