Translation of positive in Spanish:
- 1 1.1(number/quantity)(electrode)positive ionthe test was positive (Medicine)ión (masculine) positivoel análisis dio positivoExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (Photography)
- He defines limits of positive variable quantities using ideas that he had used in looking at limits of series.
- Zero divided by negative or positive numbers is either zero or is expressed as a fraction with zero as numerator and the finite quantity as denominator.
- He also worked on number theory proving in 1770 that every positive integer is the sum of four squares.
(image/print)Example sentences1.3 (Linguistics)
- These minerals in their ion state carry either negative or positive charges, much like a car battery.
- At least one of the positive and negative high voltage power supplies switches between a high state and a low state.
- Predicted by quantum theory, ghost radiation is a negative energy field that dampens normal positive energy.
- This kind of photograph is a unique positive picture produced on a thin sheet of iron blackened by tar.
- To his great surprise, when Pia examined his negatives, there was a positive image!
- In fact, there are two copies of that issue in the bound volumes - one cover features a positive shot, the other a negative one.
- We were studying positive, comparative and superlative adjectives and, as usual, having a pretty hard time with it.
- 2 2.1 (constructive)(attitude)(criticism)that's not the attitude, try positive thinkinglook on the positive sidecambia de actitud, intenta ser más positivo2.2 (for the good)mira lo positivo or el lado positivo(influence/development)a positive experienceuna experiencia positivaExample sentences
- Exuding confidence and advocating a positive outlook, he has no harsh words for anyone.
- The meeting appeared to be positive and constructive and we were assured that our views would be taken on board.
- I have always kept my optimism and my positive approach to life.
- 3 (definite) See examples: there is no positive evidencethe group still lacks a positive identityno hay pruebas concluyentes or definitivas or fehacientesit was the first positive sighting in the areaal grupo todavía le falta una identidad definidafue la primera vez que categóricamente or decididamente se lo avistó en la regiónExample sentences
- Should the test have a positive result, indicating that a condition has been detected, the parents will need counselling and support.
- The experiment has shown positive results, and presently, the infants are living normally.
- Incorrect responses on either or both tasks are scored as a positive result, indicating dementia.
- 5 5.1 (decisive) she's very positive in her likes and dislikeswhat we need is positive leadershipes muy categórica en sus preferencias5.2 (sure) [colloquial] (predicative) are you sure? — positivelo que necesitamos es un liderazgo firmeI'm positive I've met him before¿estás seguro? — segurísimo or más que seguroshe was positive about the date/having seen himestoy segurísima de que lo conozcoestaba muy segura de la fecha/de haberlo vistoExample sentences
- She hated him, that was very certain and she grew more and more positive of this fact as the next few days passed.
- Officers had been 99.9 per cent positive it was Jenna because the teenager's ring was found with the body.
- Eyewitness testimony in court cases - even from witnesses who are absolutely positive about what they saw - should be taken with a grain of salt.
- Food shopping online is a positive delight compared to a couple of years ago, according to those consumer guardians at Which?
- I had an Iron Maiden Tshirt, despite having no affinity for the Maiden at all, and, in fact, a positive disdain.
- Some theologians have a positive genius for cloaking sensible ideas in impenetrable jargon.
- You need someone who has the actual expertise to confirm positive identification.
- I wish I had a more concrete, definite, positive, upbeat answer to give.
- Where then, Marx asks, is the positive possibility of German freedom to be found?
- 2 countable 2.1 (Photography) 2.2 countable (Mathematics)only one of these values is a positivesolo uno de estos valores es positivoExample sentences2.3 countable (Linguistics)
- Two positives combined will always yield another positive.
- In this process I first make a contact interpositive and then an enlarged negative from the contact positive.
- It has a built-in transparency adapter, so it can scan 35 mm photo negatives and positives (slides).
- The first test is to determine the correct exposure for a film positive.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.