- 1 (favorably, constructively) we view teaching experience very positively valoramos mucho or muy positivamente la experiencia docente to act positively tener* una actitud positiva she contributes positively to class discussions participa activamente en claseMore example sentences
- Camp and school partnerships have the potential to positively influence participating students and staff, the schools they come from, and the families to which they return.
- Without a real person to positively bond with, children will choose, as a default option, either a fictional character or someone they'll never meet, like a celebrity or a religious figure.
- Pulse is open to anyone who can prove their ability and dedication to filmmaking, and teams of writers, directors and producers, in particular, are positively encouraged.
- 2 2.1 (definitely) [prove] de forma concluyente or fehaciente the body has not yet been positively identified todavía no se ha hecho una identificación definitiva del cadáver 2.2 (absolutely) [delighted/furious] verdaderamente the food is positively awful la comida es malísima this is positively your last chance decididamente, esta es tu última oportunidadMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Many of those places are positively dangerous and it is surprising that there have not been clamours to have them made safer by the removal of parked vehicles.
- The bustle and diversity of the crowd was positively Prom-like, which surprised me as a newcomer to the series (unsure when the coffee would be served).
- I am positively surprised how well this really worked out.
- As noted earlier, only an expert can positively identify a substance as biological growth and lab analysis may be required for final confirmation.
- Experts are still working to identify positively the sources of the outbreaks.
- The very latest technology involves ‘facial recognition’ - a system that can positively identify a suspect instantly simply from his or her face.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Chile (Día de la Independencia)