Translation of possibility in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable (likelihood) it's not beyond (the bounds of) possibility that it will come backcabe la posibilidad de que vuelvais there any possibility you could lend me the money?
está dentro de lo posible que vuelva¿hay alguna posibilidad de que me prestes el dinero?that possibility had never occurred to meno se me había ocurrido esa posibilidad1.2 countable (something possible) that's always a possibility if you can't afford a new onesiempre queda esa posibilidad si no se puede comprar uno nuevoExample sentences1.3
also: possibilities plural(potential)posibilidades (feminine plural)
- There is always a possibility of unfairness and if a mistake is made nothing can be done about it.
- Feeling remorse, there is always the possibility of applying the remedy to purify any wrong we have done.
- There was always the possibility of a change in personal or family fortune.
potencial (masculine)Example sentences
- In such a case there is no possibility of double jeopardy and no risk of double recovery.
- The radiation emitted is, as you say, miniscule - so small that there is no possibility of harm.
- But there was no possibility of that because racial subjugation was enforced by law.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.