Translation of possibility in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable (likelihood) it's not beyond (the bounds of) possibility that it will come backis there any possibility you could lend me the money?cabe la posibilidad de que vuelvaestá dentro de lo posible que vuelvathat possibility had never occurred to me¿hay alguna posibilidad de que me prestes el dinero?1.2 countable (something possible) that's always a possibility if you can't afford a new oneno se me había ocurrido esa posibilidadsiempre queda esa posibilidad si no se puede comprar uno nuevoExample sentences1.3
also: possibilities plural(potential)posibilidades (feminine plural)Example sentences
- There is always a possibility of unfairness and if a mistake is made nothing can be done about it.
- Feeling remorse, there is always the possibility of applying the remedy to purify any wrong we have done.
- There was always the possibility of a change in personal or family fortune.
- In such a case there is no possibility of double jeopardy and no risk of double recovery.
- The radiation emitted is, as you say, miniscule - so small that there is no possibility of harm.
- But there was no possibility of that because racial subjugation was enforced by law.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.