Translation of post office in Spanish:
- 1 countable (place)oficina (feminine) de correoscould you take this down to the post office for me?¿me llevas esto al correo or (Spain) a correos?Example sentences
- When choosing sites for new developments we still place great importance on having a post office and other public amenities nearby.
- I placed my name on a recent letter to the editor about the lousy service at the local post office and I am not sorry that I did.
- The jury heard that the robberies at the service station and the post office were committed within six hours of each other last April.
- 2 uncountable (institution) the Post Office≈ la Dirección General de Correos (y Telégrafos)(before noun) (worker)Post Office savings account (in UK)
del correo (Latin America)≈ cuenta (feminine) de ahorro en la Caja PostalExample sentences
- The strike is set to halt postal delivery and post office counter service in the London area.
- The council is exploring the option of having a community post office service provided within the village.
- Government still attempts this, with its ridiculous post office and public utility monopolies.
- 3 (American English) (Games)(juego infantil en el cual quien hace de cartero recibe un beso a cambio de una carta imaginaria)Example sentences
- So how do you play Post Office? What are the rules?"
- I remember playing Post Office, but I don't remember exactly how it worked - it's funny, but I don't remember any of the boys I kissed, either.
- They met, played ‘post office’ on three dates, got married in 1970, and have been together ever since.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.