Translation of post office in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable (place)could you take this down to the post office for me?oficina (feminine) de correos1.2 uncountable (institution) See examples: the Post Office¿me llevas esto al correo or (Spain) a correos?≈ la Dirección General de Correos (y Telégrafos)(before noun) (worker)Post Office savings account (in UK)de correosdel correo (Latin America)≈ cuenta (feminine) de ahorro en la Caja PostalExample sentences1.3
(American English) (Games) (juego infantil en el cual quien hace de cartero recibe un beso a cambio de una carta imaginaria)Example sentences
- The strike is set to halt postal delivery and post office counter service in the London area.
- The council is exploring the option of having a community post office service provided within the village.
- Government still attempts this, with its ridiculous post office and public utility monopolies.
- So how do you play Post Office? What are the rules?"
- I remember playing Post Office, but I don't remember exactly how it worked - it's funny, but I don't remember any of the boys I kissed, either.
- They met, played ‘post office’ on three dates, got married in 1970, and have been together ever since.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the