Translation of post office in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable/numerable (place) oficina (feminine) de correos, correo (masculine) (Latin America/América Latina) , estafeta (feminine) de correos (Spain/España) could you take this down to the post office for me? ¿me llevas esto al correo or (Spain/España) a correos?Example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (institution) the Post Office ≈ la Dirección General de Correos (y Telégrafos) (before noun/delante del nombre) [worker] de correos, del correo (Latin America/América Latina) Post Office savings account (in UK) ≈ cuenta (feminine) de ahorro en la Caja Postal
Example sentences1.3 (American English/inglés norteamericano) [Games/Juegos] [ juego infantil en el cual quien hace de cartero recibe un beso a cambio de una carta imaginaria ]
- When choosing sites for new developments we still place great importance on having a post office and other public amenities nearby.
- I placed my name on a recent letter to the editor about the lousy service at the local post office and I am not sorry that I did.
- The jury heard that the robberies at the service station and the post office were committed within six hours of each other last April.
- The strike is set to halt postal delivery and post office counter service in the London area.
- The council is exploring the option of having a community post office service provided within the village.
- Government still attempts this, with its ridiculous post office and public utility monopolies.
- So how do you play Post Office? What are the rules?"
- I remember playing Post Office, but I don't remember exactly how it worked - it's funny, but I don't remember any of the boys I kissed, either.
- They met, played ‘post office’ on three dates, got married in 1970, and have been together ever since.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.