- (of an employee, military personnel)Example sentences
- He said that people who have a passion for the job often return after postings to the mainstream military police.
- However, several of our recent overseas postings have failed with employees returning prematurely from abroad and leaving our organisation soon after.
- But schools across Colchester are only too aware of the impact of conflict and overseas postings on children from Army families.
- (Internet message)posting (masculine)Example sentences
- Free e-mail services are commonplace on the Internet while newsgroups and message postings are likewise available at no cost.
- Internet postings in news groups also drew attention to the promo, she said.
- ‘Spam’ e-mail and postings on Internet community forums solicited money for victims' families.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.