Translation of postulate in Spanish:
transitive verbAmerican English: /ˈpɑstʃəˌleɪt/ British English: /ˈpɒstjʊleɪt/
- 1.1 (Mathematics, Philos)Example sentences1.2 (assume)
dar por supuesto
- On this basis, we have postulated two scenarios for the future of energy.
- Another reason for postulating the existence of such superstructures is some evidence of anomalous membrane roughness suggested by studies of membrane adhesion.
- Considering all such factors, there seems no compelling reason to postulate the existence of a hitherto unknown creature in Lake Champlain.
nounAmerican English: /ˈpɑstʃələt/ British English: /ˈpɒstjʊlət/
- 1.1 (Mathematics, Philos) 1.2 (assumption)Example sentences
- On Russell's view, the knowing involved in knowledge of the postulates is a kind of animal knowing, which arises as habitual beliefs from the experience of interaction with the world.
- The barium-flame-colour generalization is a deductive consequence of the postulates of atomic theory.
- Nevertheless, Kant accepted the traditional claims of theology, and even tried to resuscitate them under the obscure doctrine of the postulates of practical reason.
- The work of Bolyai and Lobachevsky are comparable in that sense, that they both challenge axiomatic assumptions, but their postulates are of Euclidean geometry.
- Since Euclid's axiomatic formulation of geometry mathematicians had been trying to prove his fifth postulate as a theorem deduced from the other four axioms.
- As we saw in Chapter 6, 2-4, the plan to identify each branch of mathematics with a single postulate system failed, at least when it comes to describing deductive mathematical practice.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to