- 1.1 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] [Philosophy/Filosofía] postularMore example sentences1.2 (assume) presuponer*, dar* por supuesto
- On this basis, we have postulated two scenarios for the future of energy.
- Another reason for postulating the existence of such superstructures is some evidence of anomalous membrane roughness suggested by studies of membrane adhesion.
- Considering all such factors, there seems no compelling reason to postulate the existence of a hitherto unknown creature in Lake Champlain.
Palacio de Oriente, also known as the Palacio Real, is the official residence of the Spanish Royal Family. The Royal Family now lives in the Palacio de la Zarzuela, on the outskirts of Madrid.
- 1.1 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] [Philosophy/Filosofía] postulado (masculine)More example sentences1.2 (assumption) presupuesto (m), premisa (f)
More example sentences
- The work of Bolyai and Lobachevsky are comparable in that sense, that they both challenge axiomatic assumptions, but their postulates are of Euclidean geometry.
- Since Euclid's axiomatic formulation of geometry mathematicians had been trying to prove his fifth postulate as a theorem deduced from the other four axioms.
- As we saw in Chapter 6, 2-4, the plan to identify each branch of mathematics with a single postulate system failed, at least when it comes to describing deductive mathematical practice.
- On Russell's view, the knowing involved in knowledge of the postulates is a kind of animal knowing, which arises as habitual beliefs from the experience of interaction with the world.
- The barium-flame-colour generalization is a deductive consequence of the postulates of atomic theory.
- Nevertheless, Kant accepted the traditional claims of theology, and even tried to resuscitate them under the obscure doctrine of the postulates of practical reason.