- 1 (before noun/delante del nombre) 1.1 [plant] en maceta or tiesto a potted bay tree un laurel (plantado) en una macetaMore example sentences1.2 [Cookery/Cocina] potted meat/shrimps[ especie de paté de carne/camarones ]
More example sentences1.3 [account/version] resumido
- We were recently given several potted bamboo plants.
- The thieves entered the premises after removing the padlocks with bolt cutters and a substantial number of potted shrubs and herbaceous plants were removed in broad daylight.
- Before bringing a potted tree indoors, water it thoroughly and hose off the foliage.
More example sentences
- The pair celebrated the occasion at a private reception held in a relative's house - where they dined on Dundee cake, half a pound of potted meat and pop.
- Take your picnic: like nowhere else in Britain, this place calls for potted meat and pineapple chunks straight from the tin.
- One man testified that the potted meat had been supplied unsealed but wrapped in brown paper and sold to several people, none of whom fell ill.
- Herewith a potted description of a great weekend!
- A potted explanation of what has become his obsession is as follows.
- I've already posted a potted summary of Australian Political parties, so go read that to learn about the Dramatis Personae.
- 2 (drunk) (American English/inglés norteamericano) [colloquial/familiar], borracho, cocido [colloquial/familiar], tomado (Latin America/América Latina) [colloquial/familiar]
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.