n (pl -ties)
- [colloquial/familiar] orinal (m) (para niños) [familiar/colloquial], bacinica (f), pelela (f) (CS) [familiar/colloquial] he's potty-trained ya no usa pañalesMore example sentences
- The little potty has a little bowl that slides out so that you can easily dump it in the toilet and flush away your problems.
- Leave a light on, or plug a night-light in so it's easy for them to get to the toilet during the night, or put a potty in the bedroom (with an old towel underneath it).
- They were so excited about it, they sent out a three-page press release with the history of the unfortunate drinking vessel, claiming it may once have doubled as a potty.
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.
adj (-tier, -tiest)
- (BrE) [colloquial/familiar], chiflado [familiar/colloquial], chalado [familiar/colloquial] him and his potty ideas! ¡él y sus chifladuras! [familiar/colloquial] to go potty chiflarse [familiar/colloquial] to drive sb potty poner* a algn frenético [familiar/colloquial] to be potty
aboutsb/sth estar* loco or chiflado poralgn / conalgo [familiar/colloquial]More example sentences
More example sentences
- He was a bit of a potty professor, but he had some brilliant ideas.
- At the risk of sounding like a potty lifestyle guru, we need a more holistic approach to teenagers.
- With such a ludicrous and potty law sailing through the European Parliament, it's more than ironic that such moves have been supported by politicians from the UK.
More example sentences
- He has been potty about planes for as long as his parents can remember and continues to reach new levels in his love of all things flying.
- She's also a qualified trampoline coach, a former bank manager - and she's potty about country music!
- She's potty about her work with pets and longs to fill her home with four-legged friends.
- Why couldn't be have gotten that potty little man we usually had as a substitute?
- But you've still got to climb a lot of stairs or go into a potty little lift and find your way around.
- It must have something enormously significant living, but we have reduced it to such a potty little affair