Translation of pouch in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (small bag) tobacco pouch hunter's pouchExample sentences1.2 (under eyes)
Example sentences1.3 (for correspondence) (US)
- The cartridges are carried in a clip in bunches of five, and these are carried in small leather pouches attached to the belt, several in a pouch.
- Basic webbing ammunition belts and pouches were supplemented by as many bandoliers as the soldier could carry without falling down.
- Kneeling, he took some birdfeed out of a pouch attached to his belt and placed it on Jack's cheek.
- It is pretty much impossible to turn back the negative effects of ongoing sleep deprivation - when it starts showing up in lackluster skin and pouches under the eyes, it's way too late.
- But they were worried - worried about what the deep, blue pouches under his eyes meant, worried about the way he seemed always lost in thought during mealtimes.
- When I looked at myself in the mirror these days, I saw tangled hair, baggy pouches over my cheeks, hollow, empty eyes.
- A spokesman for Royal Mail said secure pouches were strategically positioned to give a better service of delivery.
- A postwoman watched in amazement as two teenagers snatched her Royal Mail pouch bag full of letters while it was attached to her bike.
- Royal Mail has applied for planning permission for pouch boxes, which are used to store additional delivery bags on heavy rounds.
- 2 (Anatomy, Zoology)Example sentences
- The primary difference is that the young are not raised in a special pouch, as in marsupials.
- The functions of the brood, incubating and marsupial pouches should be further investigated in relation to their osmoprotective and perhaps also trophic roles for the embryos.
- Two situations are considered, internal development of the embryos in closed incubating, brood or marsupial pouches, and external development in eggs exposed to the external medium.
- I sucked all the spit from the pouches of my cheeks, making a nice squishy sound.
- He caught chipmunks whose cheek pouches were so stuffed with lodgepole pine seeds that not one more would fit.
- In the breeding season, Gray-crowned Rosy-Finches develop throat pouches that allow them to carry food back to their young at the nest.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.