Translation of powder in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable 1.1 (dust) (before noun) in powder formen polvoExample sentences1.2 (snow)
nieve (feminine) en polvoExample sentences
- They can then be pounded to pieces and made into fine powder through repeated grinding in water.
- The thickness of the laminae increased with the size of the particles of the fine powder, but not to any great extent as follows.
- All that was left behind him was a fine, crushed multi-colored powder.
- There was something about the newly falling powder snow that created a haven, erasing all the difficulties the past few weeks had presented and allowed it to be just me and the perfect world outside.
- He was sitting in loose powder snow on a steep slope and there was no way he could anchor himself to the mountain.
- Yet all was not powder snow twinkling in a rosy sunrise, and morale continued at a low ebb.
- 2 uncountablealso: gun powderto keep one's powder dry [colloquial]no gastar pólvora en gallinazos or (Spain) en salvas or (River Plate area) en chimangos
- 3 3.1 countable (Pharmacology)polvos (masculine plural)to take a powder (American English)poner pies en polvorosa(lit: take medication) tomar unos polvosExample sentences3.2 uncountable and countable
also: face powderpolvo (masculine) or polvos (masculine plural) (de tocador)(before noun) powder compact 3.3 uncountable and countablealso: talcum powder
- Do not use teething lotions, powders, whiskey, or paregoric (because it has opium in it).
- As well as tinctures, homeopathic remedies are available as sugar-based tablets, pills, granules and powders to be taken by mouth, and some also come as creams or ointments to be applied directly to the skin.
- The leaves and seeds, which mature in long pods, are used to prepare extracts or powders for medicinal use.
- 1 (cover)empolvarto powder one's faceempolvarse la carato powder one's noseretocarse el maquillajeshe's gone to powder her nose [euphemistic]ha ido a lavarse las manos [euphemistic]flecks of gray powdered his hairtenía el pelo salpicado de grisExample sentences
- The dance floor was freshly powdered for slippery Motown spins.
- The baby lay in front of her, powdered with plaster dust, and she pulled the child to her.
- 2 2.1 (grind, pulverize)Example sentences2.2
also: powdered past participle(milk/eggs)powdered sugar (American English)
- A delicious sweet version can be made by mixing the ground black sesame with honey or dry powdered pure sugar cane juice extract.
- Shoe odour can be eliminated by sprinkling bicarbonate of soda or dry, powdered herbs, such as chamomile, in the shoes each evening.
- You can even make your own natural insect repellent with a little liquid soap, powdered cayenne pepper, onion, garlic, and water mixed in a spray bottle.
en polvoazúcar (masculine) or (feminine) glas or glasé
azúcar (masculine) or (feminine) flor (Chile)
azúcar (masculine) or (feminine) impalpable (River Plate area)
azúcar (masculine) or (feminine) en polvo (Colombia)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.