Translation of pragmatic in Spanish:
- 1.1 [person/attitude/method] pragmático 1.2 [Linguistics/Lingüística] [use/expression] pragmáticoExample sentences
- As I read history, most of the founders were sensible and pragmatic men rather than visionary idealists.
- This policy was based on two pragmatic considerations, and no guerilla organisation would overlook these.
- Thus his apparent liberality on this question rested on pragmatic considerations rather than on principle.
- On the contrary, syntax is indispensable for a pragmatic language and pragmatics is indispensable for a syntactic language.
- This is how what linguists term pragmatic markers have arisen in languages worldwide.
- Furthermore, they generate the same pragmatic implicatures.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is the Día de los Santos Inocentes, a religious festival celebrated in the Spanish-speaking world to commemorate the New Testament story of the massacre of the "Innocents", by playing practical jokes, or inocentadas, on one another. The classic inocentada is to hang paper dolls on someone's back without their knowing. Spoof news stories also appear in newspapers and the media.