Translation of pragmatic in Spanish:
- 1.1 [person/attitude/method] pragmático 1.2 [Linguistics/Lingüística] [use/expression] pragmáticoExample sentences
- As I read history, most of the founders were sensible and pragmatic men rather than visionary idealists.
- This policy was based on two pragmatic considerations, and no guerilla organisation would overlook these.
- Thus his apparent liberality on this question rested on pragmatic considerations rather than on principle.
- On the contrary, syntax is indispensable for a pragmatic language and pragmatics is indispensable for a syntactic language.
- This is how what linguists term pragmatic markers have arisen in languages worldwide.
- Furthermore, they generate the same pragmatic implicatures.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Spain's literary renaissance, known as the Golden Age (Siglo de Oro/i>), roughly covers the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. It includes the Italian-influenced poetry of figures such as Garcilaso de la Vega; the religious verse of Fray Luis de León, Santa Teresa de Ávila and San Juan de la Cruz; picaresque novels such as the anonymous Lazarillo de Tormes and Quevedo's Buscón; Miguel de Cervantes' immortal Don Quijote; the theater of Lope de Vega, and the ornate poetry of Luis de Góngora.