Translation of pragmatic in Spanish:
- 1.1(person/attitude/method)1.2 (Linguistics)(use/expression)Example sentences
- As I read history, most of the founders were sensible and pragmatic men rather than visionary idealists.
- This policy was based on two pragmatic considerations, and no guerilla organisation would overlook these.
- Thus his apparent liberality on this question rested on pragmatic considerations rather than on principle.
- On the contrary, syntax is indispensable for a pragmatic language and pragmatics is indispensable for a syntactic language.
- This is how what linguists term pragmatic markers have arisen in languages worldwide.
- Furthermore, they generate the same pragmatic implicatures.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.