Translation of prance in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 [horse] brincar*, hacer* cabriolasExample sentences1.2 [pejorative/peyorativo] [person] she pranced into the room wearing her new dress entró meneándose or pavoneándose con el vestido nuevo he comes prancing in at any time he chooses entra como Pedro or Perico por su casa cuando se le da la gana [colloquial/familiar]
- While many horses pranced or leapt from the trailer, he walked slowly down the ramp like a seasoned pro.
- The man didn't glance in the woman's direction, but kept his attention on the auburn-haired girl in front of him, his horse prancing.
- The horse was prancing excitedly, as if he was proud of himself as well.
- He wears iridescent formal clothes, prances around with a tapering rod that ignites anything it touches, and trails a gust of hot air.
- I'm starting to see the whole experience as a bizarre holiday, behaving like an uninvited guest who dresses up and prances around the football pitch every evening.
- The cast prances, postures, and palpitates appositely, fully aware that real acting would be de trop.
prance about 1.1verb + adverb/verbo + adverbio brincar* 1.2verb + preposition + object/verbo + preposición + complemento brincar* en
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to