Translation of pratfall in Spanish:
noun(especially American English) [slang]
- 1.1 (humiliating failure)Example sentences1.2 (fall)
porrazo (masculine) [colloquial]
- Moving to the other side of the aisle, the Democrats certainly had their fair share of political pratfalls.
- The show often revolves around her I Love Lucy-esque pratfalls and goof-ups.
- I think of it more as a no-system system with the same pitfalls and pratfalls as every other system, due to human involvement more than anything.
costalada (feminine) [colloquial]
costalazo (masculine) [colloquial]Example sentences
- The fall, of course, was a choreographed pratfall, spoofing all the negative stories surrounding ‘Sweet Charity.’
- And he also had a nation's sides splitting in the second-placed moment, a classic old-fashioned pratfall in which he falls through a raised bar flap while trying to impress two women in a pub.
- It's simply not the right setting for a play so full of movement and slapstick pratfalls: the cramped stage forces the cast to huddle together, while the echoey acoustics magnify every trip and body-slam.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.