Translation of pratfall in Spanish:
noun(esp American English) [slang]
- 1 (humiliating failure)batacazo (masculine) (Spain) [colloquial]Example sentences
- The fall, of course, was a choreographed pratfall, spoofing all the negative stories surrounding ‘Sweet Charity.’
- And he also had a nation's sides splitting in the second-placed moment, a classic old-fashioned pratfall in which he falls through a raised bar flap while trying to impress two women in a pub.
- It's simply not the right setting for a play so full of movement and slapstick pratfalls: the cramped stage forces the cast to huddle together, while the echoey acoustics magnify every trip and body-slam.
- Moving to the other side of the aisle, the Democrats certainly had their fair share of political pratfalls.
- The show often revolves around her I Love Lucy-esque pratfalls and goof-ups.
- I think of it more as a no-system system with the same pitfalls and pratfalls as every other system, due to human involvement more than anything.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.