Translation of prattle in Spanish:
- (child)he prattled on endlessly about his problems
balbucearestuvo horas dale que te dale hablando de sus problemas [colloquial]Example sentences
- Successive governments have prattled on at length about the importance of this for our economy and for our businesses.
- I understand if you don't want an annoying chatterbox prattling away in your ear while you eat.
- The automatic writing prattled on like this at length, interrupted by neither full stop nor comma and driven by a rhyme scheme that might politely be described as random but which did not seem especially Japanese in origin.
- (of adult)Example sentences
- Now, you can't hold him responsible for the random prattle of his sibling…
- Witness the Swedish academy's citation, which told us that the seventy-five-year-old playwright ‘uncovers the precipice under everyday prattle and forces entry into oppression's closed rooms’.
- It goes along with prattle about ‘good corporate citizenship’, and the notion that particular corporations, like banks, have reputations which are determined by some kind of popularity polls.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.