Translation of pray in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- rezar*, orar [formal] let us pray oremos [formal] they pray to many deities rezan a muchos dioses to pray
forsb/sth rezar* or rogar* poralgn/algo they prayed for the victims/their souls rezaron or rogaron por las víctimas/sus almas let us pray to God for strength pidámosle or roguémosle a Dios que nos dé fuerzas to pray for rain rezar* para que llueva let's pray for an easy paper recemos para que nos toque un examen fácil to be past praying for no tener* salvación
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [Religion/Religión] she prayed that God might help them rogó a Dios que los ayudara I pray (to) God he's all right Dios quiera que no le haya pasado nada 1.2 (beg, request) [archaic] rogar*, suplicar*Example sentences
- People pray to these deities because they have an adoration for the deity and have a feeling of awe about it.
- So my advice is: pray more, sin less and live the life that God is calling you to live.
- We can discharge this obligation by simply praying for him as we pray for our dear ones and our own very selves.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.