Translation of prayer in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable (praying) the power of prayerel poder de la oraciónthe king was at prayerel rey estaba orandothe Prayer Book(devocionario tradicional de la Iglesia Anglicana)Example sentences1.2 countable (request, petition) my prayers were answered
mis plegarias fueron atendidas or escuchadasthe Lord's Prayerel Padrenuestroto say one's prayers to say a prayerrezar una oracióna prayer
- The milder and more beneficent forces of nature were addressed as female deities and invoked with prayers.
- Human beings are addressing God in prayers for help against the inducements of the devil.
- God answers our prayers because by addressing them to Him we acknowledge His Lordship and power.
forsomebody/somethinguna oraciónnot to have a prayer [colloquial] poralguien/algono tener ni la más mínima or remota posibilidadExample sentences1.3 (service) Morning/Evening Prayer
oficio (masculine) de maitines/vísperas (en la Iglesia Anglicana)
- Swan will carry the hopes and prayers of Ireland as the country's current equine hero seeks to retain his crown.
- She started the restaurant when her marriage dissolved, on little but hope and prayers.
- Our deepest sympathies, prayers and best wishes go out to our fellow citizens who were injured in the blast.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.