Translation of preach in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [Religion/Religión] predicar* to preach the Gospel predicar* el Evangelio to preach a sermon dar* un sermónExample sentences1.2 (advocate) [doctrine/ideas] preconizar* he's always preaching its virtues siempre está proclamando sus virtudes
- Because of this ministry, ministers across the nation can preach the Christian message to a culture that has been taught that the Bible cannot be trusted.
- Sikhism preaches a message of devotion and remembrance of God at all times, truthful living, equality of mankind, social justice and denounces superstitions and blind rituals.
- So Peter was the first to preach a message unto Gentile believers.
- We run a business, not a re-education camp, so we don't preach the co-operative gospel to people.
- For as long as I've known you, you've always preached the virtue of consistency.
- They also preach tolerance of others with different beliefs.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 (deliver sermon) predicar* to preach to the converted gastar saliva ([ convenciendo a los que ya están convencidos ]) 1.2 (give advice) [pejorative/peyorativo] to preach (
to/ atsb) dar(le)* un sermón ( aalgn) [pejorative/peyorativo], sermonear (a algn) [colloquial/familiar] [pejorative/peyorativo]Example sentences
- He viewed him then as ‘the stereotype of a head waiter’ who preached at them ‘like a division chaplain in the army’.
- Many of the kids will eventually rebel against all the stuff preached at them, however.
- I have never ever preached at them, but I have given them my opinion where they have asked for it.
- He is said to have delivered 18,000 sermons, preaching 40-60 hours a week.
- The newly re-born legend soon featured as the centrepiece of a series of patriotic sermons preached in parish churches across England.
- But let's say that the book is a collection of sermons preached at that church.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...