Translation of precede in Spanish:
- 1.1 (in time, space)in the months preceding the invasionpreceder aanteceder adismissal must be preceded by a warningen los meses que precedieron or antecedieron a la invasiónthe King was preceded by his courtiersel despido debe ir precedido de un aviso1.2 (outrank)el rey iba precedido de sus cortesanostener prioridad or precedencia sobreExample sentences
- From there it goes into the long samurai history, each chapter preceded with a page of settings and players to fully set the scene.
- Still, I drew it on the page immediately preceding the most killer page in the whole book.
- The specification proper is preceded by a three page End User License Agreement, in small type.
- 1.1 (come before) 1.2also: preceding present participle(day/year)Example sentences
- Elections are won and lost not in the four weeks of campaigning but in the long battle of ideas that precedes them.
- There was no mention in the evidence of any explosion preceding this observation.
- One witness reported hearing an explosion precede the fire.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.