- 1.1 (in time, space) preceder a, anteceder a in the months preceding the invasion en los meses que precedieron or antecedieron a la invasión dismissal must be preceded by a warning el despido debe ir precedido de un aviso the King was preceded by his courtiers el rey iba precedido de sus cortesanos 1.2 (outrank) tener* prioridad or precedencia sobreMore example sentences
- From there it goes into the long samurai history, each chapter preceded with a page of settings and players to fully set the scene.
- Still, I drew it on the page immediately preceding the most killer page in the whole book.
- The specification proper is preceded by a three page End User License Agreement, in small type.
- 1.1 (come before) preceder 1.2(preceding pres p)[day/year] anterior; [page/paragraph/chapter] anterior, precedenteMore example sentences
- Elections are won and lost not in the four weeks of campaigning but in the long battle of ideas that precedes them.
- There was no mention in the evidence of any explosion preceding this observation.
- One witness reported hearing an explosion precede the fire.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Peru (Día de la Independencia)