Translation of precede in Spanish:
- 1.1 (in time, space)preceder ain the months preceding the invasion
anteceder aen los meses que precedieron or antecedieron a la invasióndismissal must be preceded by a warningel despido debe ir precedido de un avisothe King was preceded by his courtiersel rey iba precedido de sus cortesanos1.2 (outrank)tener prioridad or precedencia sobreExample sentences
- From there it goes into the long samurai history, each chapter preceded with a page of settings and players to fully set the scene.
- Still, I drew it on the page immediately preceding the most killer page in the whole book.
- The specification proper is preceded by a three page End User License Agreement, in small type.
- 1.1 (come before) 1.2also: preceding present participle(day/year)
- Elections are won and lost not in the four weeks of campaigning but in the long battle of ideas that precedes them.
- There was no mention in the evidence of any explosion preceding this observation.
- One witness reported hearing an explosion precede the fire.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.