Translation of precinct in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (delimited zone) → shopping precinct , → pedestrian precinctExample sentences1.2
(American English) (police district) distrito (masculine) policial(police station) comisaría (feminine)Example sentences
- There is also a possibility that the Jenkin's Lane area will be re-developed as a shopping precinct.
- Traders also hope the re-vamp will see the precinct compete with Bolton town centre and shopping complexes in neighbouring towns.
- ‘If it was in a shopping precinct then fine, but this is right in the middle of a residential area,’ he said.
Example sentences1.3 (voting district) (American English)
- Data collection took place in nine police precincts in Baltimore City between January and August 1995.
- It is difficult to imagine how such small numbers, even when concentrated in particular police precincts, could yield the necessary political clout to force more sensitive policing.
- Dusk fades on the main drag of one of the city's toughest precincts and the cops on duty expect to be busy.
- After his call had come in, another precinct, closer to his position, had dispatched officers to help him.
- She sounded distressed, and he could almost hear her voice broke slightly as she gave him the address of a police precinct in New York City.
- At police precincts in the city, the names of the 23 officers killed were read aloud.
- At the elementary school, converted into a polling station serving two precincts for the day, it was taking voters an average of one hour to vote.
- Bipartisan negotiations to reorganize electoral precincts for the general elections in April next year are going to kick off within this week.
- He also said a two-vote electoral system should also be adopted and that electoral precincts should be rezoned into smaller ones.
- 2also: precincts plural(of city)límites (masculine plural)(of cathedral, castle, hospital) recinto (masculine)within the precincts of the university
predio(s) (masculine (plural)) (esp (Latin America) )dentro del recinto universitarioen el predio or los predios de la universidad (esp (Latin America) )Example sentences
- The Rector of Leeds started the races, which were held in the precincts of the parish church in Kirkgate.
- I'm starting to feel I'd like the whole thing kept IN the precincts of my church and OUT of the public sphere.
- This emphasis on Christian vocation beyond the precincts of the church itself and beyond the bounds of the Lutheran Communion has inspired liturgical creativity in many places.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.