Translation of precious in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (valuable) [jewel/object] precioso, valiosísimo capture those precious moments with your camera capte esos momentos tan preciados con su cámara fotográfica we lost precious time perdimos tiempo preciosoExample sentences1.2 (dear) queridoto be precious
- One of the most beneficial meditations in Buddhism is to contemplate how fortunate we are to have this precious life.
- The democracy of manners is a precious achievement.
- An unpleasant manner can lose you precious business.
tosb this necklace is very precious to her le tiene mucho cariño a este collar your friendship is very precious to me tengo en gran estima tu amistad, valoro mucho tu amistadExample sentences1.3 [ironic] her precious son su queridísimo hijo [irónico] you can keep your precious ring guárdate tu maldito anillo
- We were not rich, but we had a few bits of furniture and other treasures that were precious to us and we took as much as we could, including our piano.
- I wanted to have something precious to love and care for; it wasn't simply enough to be loved anymore.
- The results suggested a ragtag yard sale, but for the handwritten notes explaining why each object was so precious to the possessor.
- There may be precious little grace in these streets, but there's a precious lot of talent in these pages.
- I spent my time doing chores and praying, leaving precious little time for friendships.
- He tore it to shreds, leaving precious little of it intact.
- 2 (affected) [manner/speech/person] preciosista, afectadoExample sentences
- It is the most elegant and precious business card in the world.
- Detailing is refined but never precious, allowing the house to feel at once substantial and robust, light and refined.
- Forthrightness can override a too precious concern for complete accuracy.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.