- 1 1.1 (valuable) [jewel/object] precioso, valiosísimo precious metal metal (m) precioso precious stone piedra (f) preciosa capture those precious moments with your camera capte esos momentos tan preciados con su cámara fotográfica we lost precious time perdimos tiempo preciosoMore example sentences1.2 (dear) queridoto be precious
- One of the most beneficial meditations in Buddhism is to contemplate how fortunate we are to have this precious life.
- The democracy of manners is a precious achievement.
- An unpleasant manner can lose you precious business.
tosb this necklace is very precious to her le tiene mucho cariño a este collar your friendship is very precious to me tengo en gran estima tu amistad, valoro mucho tu amistadMore example sentences1.3 [iro] her precious son su queridísimo hijo [irónico/ironical] you can keep your precious ring guárdate tu maldito anillo
More example sentences
- We were not rich, but we had a few bits of furniture and other treasures that were precious to us and we took as much as we could, including our piano.
- I wanted to have something precious to love and care for; it wasn't simply enough to be loved anymore.
- The results suggested a ragtag yard sale, but for the handwritten notes explaining why each object was so precious to the possessor.
- There may be precious little grace in these streets, but there's a precious lot of talent in these pages.
- I spent my time doing chores and praying, leaving precious little time for friendships.
- He tore it to shreds, leaving precious little of it intact.
- 2 (affected) [manner/speech/person] preciosista, afectadoMore example sentences
- It is the most elegant and precious business card in the world.
- Detailing is refined but never precious, allowing the house to feel at once substantial and robust, light and refined.
- Forthrightness can override a too precious concern for complete accuracy.
Catalán is the language of Catalonia. Like Castilian, Catalan is a Romance language. Variants of it include mallorquín of the Balearic Islands and valenciano spoken in the autonomous region of Valencia.
- (as form of address) tesoro there, there, (my) precious, don't cry vamos, no llores, (mi) tesoroMore example sentences
- However, I don't buy the mother's story that her little precious doesn't know what a pimp is.
- All this time Antonio had been searching for his stolen precious.
- I have also had far too many conversations about the perils of dropping the precious.