Translation of precious in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (valuable)(jewel/object)capture those precious moments with your camera
valiosísimocapte esos momentos tan preciados con su cámara fotográficawe lost precious timeperdimos tiempo preciosoExample sentences1.2 (dear) to be precious
- One of the most beneficial meditations in Buddhism is to contemplate how fortunate we are to have this precious life.
- The democracy of manners is a precious achievement.
- An unpleasant manner can lose you precious business.
tosomebodythis necklace is very precious to herle tiene mucho cariño a este collaryour friendship is very precious to metengo en gran estima tu amistad
valoro mucho tu amistadExample sentences1.3 [ironic]her precious son
su queridísimo hijo [ironic]you can keep your precious ringguárdate tu maldito anilloExample sentences
- We were not rich, but we had a few bits of furniture and other treasures that were precious to us and we took as much as we could, including our piano.
- I wanted to have something precious to love and care for; it wasn't simply enough to be loved anymore.
- The results suggested a ragtag yard sale, but for the handwritten notes explaining why each object was so precious to the possessor.
- There may be precious little grace in these streets, but there's a precious lot of talent in these pages.
- I spent my time doing chores and praying, leaving precious little time for friendships.
- He tore it to shreds, leaving precious little of it intact.
- 2 (affected)Example sentences
- It is the most elegant and precious business card in the world.
- Detailing is refined but never precious, allowing the house to feel at once substantial and robust, light and refined.
- Forthrightness can override a too precious concern for complete accuracy.
- (as form of address) there, there, (my) precious, don't cryExample sentences
- However, I don't buy the mother's story that her little precious doesn't know what a pimp is.
- All this time Antonio had been searching for his stolen precious.
- I have also had far too many conversations about the perils of dropping the precious.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.