Translation of predetermine in Spanish:
- 1.1 (foreordain) 1.2 (arrange in advance)a predetermined date/timedeterminar de antemanouna fecha/hora determinada de antemanoExample sentences1.3 (work out in advance)
- The factor of surprise has become more important - it predetermines the course and the outcome of initial operations and the entire campaign, therefore troops should be better prepared and their combat readiness should be improved.
- It cannot be based on any assumptions about human nature, and it cannot be expected to lead to predetermined outcomes.
- The outcome is not predetermined but reflects a political contest over the exercise of power and meanings.
- Thus, of ever growing importance in the military sphere for the developed democratic countries is the civilizing factor, which predetermines the level of acceptable casualties in solving foreign policy problems by military means.
- The government allocated transferable rights to emit predetermined levels of emissions.
- They often use a rheostat, which is similar to a humidistat, so that not only can you predetermine the level of humidity you want, but also allow the machine to adjust intelligently to overall humidity.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.