Translation of predicative in Spanish:
- Example sentences
- These effects can be explained if we consider more closely the function of attributive and predicative adjectives.
- Some adjectives are predicative only, as with afraid, loath, and aware in: Your brother is afraid of them, My friends seem loath to interfere, The manager became aware of her attitude.
- When an adjective follows a form of be (or a few other verbs which I don't want to talk about), it is known as a predicative adjective.
- Humphreys emphasizes that fusion is a ‘real physical operation, not a mathematical or logical operation on predicative representations of properties.’
- In contrast to Aristotle, Brentano emphasizes the importance of existential judgements with only one term, and claims that predicative judgements are a special case of existential ones.
- So, just as the existential and predicative uses are not unrelated, neither are the predicative, identity, and generic implication uses unrelated.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.