Translation of preen in Spanish:
arreglar con el picoExample sentences
- This louse is the only common parasite on satin bowerbirds, and it is found mainly around the head and eyes where birds cannot easily preen.
- With hundreds of new feathers regenerating, the bird must preen constantly.
- When preening, birds nibble and stroke their feathers, returning them to correct position.
- to preen oneself (bird)arreglarse las plumas con el pico(person)to preen oneself
onsomething/ -ingvanagloriarse or pavonearse dealgo/+ infinitive
arreglarse las plumas con el pico(person)
- They start cramming the barricades, the ladies start primping and preening themselves in their compact mirrors.
- We're always expected to be preening ourselves, so it was a pretty nice opportunity not to have to think about that stuff for a while.
- Television stars had been preening themselves for the red carpet at Claridges, where some of the hottest designers, make-up artists, jewellers and hair stylists had taken up residence.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.