- [feathers] arreglar con el picoMore example sentences
- This louse is the only common parasite on satin bowerbirds, and it is found mainly around the head and eyes where birds cannot easily preen.
- With hundreds of new feathers regenerating, the bird must preen constantly.
- When preening, birds nibble and stroke their feathers, returning them to correct position.
- to preen oneself [bird] arreglarse las plumas con el pico [person] acicalarse to preen oneself
onsth/ -ingvanagloriarse or pavonearse dealgo/+ infinitive/infinitivo
- [bird] arreglarse las plumas con el pico; [person] acicalarseMore example sentences
- They start cramming the barricades, the ladies start primping and preening themselves in their compact mirrors.
- We're always expected to be preening ourselves, so it was a pretty nice opportunity not to have to think about that stuff for a while.
- Television stars had been preening themselves for the red carpet at Claridges, where some of the hottest designers, make-up artists, jewellers and hair stylists had taken up residence.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Chile (Día de la Independencia)