Translation of preface in Spanish:
- preface (
prefacio (masculine) or prólogo (masculine) (
prólogo (masculine) (
- This article is excerpted from the new preface to the updated paperback edition.
- Aguilera has written a preface for the book introducing the ongoing show at the Shanghai Museum, which is entitled ‘The Mayan Treasures from Mexico.’
- The book contains a preface, six chapters and two appendices - one a list of end uses of asbestos and the other a partial list of organizations that specified asbestos in codes or standards.
- The only statement even vaguely likely to incite dislike is a preface to the summary of western thought which is characterised as ‘the inconsistency of their argument’.
- In addition to providing some history about them, it also doubles as a preface for describing the animation.
- Ignoring her greeting card preface, the trio around me began to weave a tangle of memories, Lily's going farther back than the others.
- (book)the coup prefaced a bloody civil war [literary]
escribir el prefacio deel golpe de estado fue el prólogo de una sangrienta guerra civilshe prefaced this by saying that …a modo de introducción dijo que …
dijo como preámbulo que …Example sentences
- The book is prefaced by a ‘cast of characters’, and characters rather than abstractions govern its course.
- The book is prefaced with four pages of worried preamble by the author about her inspiration - the memoir of an 18 th-century Korean crown princess - and how she translated its impact.
- The volume is prefaced by an excellent review by the editors on the state of research which incorporates the submitted papers and an extensive bibliography.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.