Translation of preface in Spanish:
- preface (
tosth) [to book/speech] prefacio (masculine) or prólogo (masculine)( dealgo) [to event] prólogo (masculine)( dealgo)Example sentences
- This article is excerpted from the new preface to the updated paperback edition.
- Aguilera has written a preface for the book introducing the ongoing show at the Shanghai Museum, which is entitled ‘The Mayan Treasures from Mexico.’
- The book contains a preface, six chapters and two appendices - one a list of end uses of asbestos and the other a partial list of organizations that specified asbestos in codes or standards.
- The only statement even vaguely likely to incite dislike is a preface to the summary of western thought which is characterised as ‘the inconsistency of their argument’.
- In addition to providing some history about them, it also doubles as a preface for describing the animation.
- Ignoring her greeting card preface, the trio around me began to weave a tangle of memories, Lily's going farther back than the others.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [book] prologar*, escribir* el prefacio de the coup prefaced a bloody civil war [literary/literario] el golpe de estado fue el prólogo de una sangrienta guerra civil she prefaced this by saying that … a modo de introducción dijo que …, dijo como preámbulo que …
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.