Translation of prefect in Spanish:
- 1(British English) (Sch) (alumno encargado de la disciplina)
≈ monitor, (-tora) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- The school chapel became the focal point of life, discipline was enforced through prefects and team games emphasized.
- It turned out that we weren't allowed to play too close to the school entrance (though nobody had told me) and this girl was a monitor - junior school equivalent of a prefect.
- She has organised a charity talent contest and, as a form representative and one of the school's first prefects, she has helped her classmates and younger pupils at the school.
- 2 2.1 (official) prefect of policeprefecto de policíaExample sentences2.2 (History)
- A passion drama, in my opinion, should certainly mention the undisputed fact that Caiaphas was dependent on the Roman prefect, Pontius Pilate, to retain his position as high priest.
- The head of the civil administration as far as Britain was concerned was the praetorian prefect of the Gauls, based in Trier, to whom the vicarius of the British diocese was responsible.
- The provinces were grouped into larger administrative units called a diocese, ruled by a governor general who answered to a praetorian prefect, who in turn answered to one of the tetrarchs.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.