Translation of preference in Spanish:
- 1 c and u (liking, choice) preferencia (feminine) I've no particular preference no tengo ninguna preferencia en especial preference
forsth preferencia poralgo my preference would be for a middle-of-the-road policy yo preferiría una política intermedia in order of preference en or por orden de preferencia in preference to sth/sb I chose cash in preference to a trip preferí el dinero antes que un viaje I would walk in preference to waiting for the bus yo iría a pie antes que esperar el autobúsExample sentences
- Both of them expressed a preference for an alternative chair person.
- Very often people express a preference for planting broadleaves.
- Creative Commons licenses help people express a preference for sharing their work - on their own terms.
- He strove to reach a balance between the musical preferences of fans and the band's own artistic pursuits.
- These students want to identify themselves through their musical preferences.
- The legs of his pants end above the tops of his shoes, a fashion preference dictated by the hours he spends ankle-deep in wet grass.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable 2.1 (priority) preferencia most employers give preference to people with practical experience la mayoría de los empleadores dan preferencia a gente con experiencia práctica 2.2 [Economics/Economía] [Finance] preferencia (feminine) (before noun/delante del nombre) preference shares o stock acciones (feminine plural) privilegiadas or preferentesExample sentences
- The payment had the effect of conferring a preference, priority or advantage on those creditors over the other creditors.
- That must be so whether the preference took the form of the payment of a debt or the grant of a security.
- If the Court is against us on preferences, then those credits come back into our loan account.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.