Translation of preference in Spanish:
- 1 countable or uncountable (liking, choice) I've no particular preferencepreferenceno tengo ninguna preferencia en especial
forsomethingmy preference would be for a middle-of-the-road policypreferencia poralgoin order of preferenceyo preferiría una política intermediain preference to something/somebodyI chose cash in preference to a tripen or por orden de preferenciaI would walk in preference to waiting for the buspreferí el dinero antes que un viajeyo iría a pie antes que esperar el autobúsExample sentences
- Both of them expressed a preference for an alternative chair person.
- Very often people express a preference for planting broadleaves.
- Creative Commons licenses help people express a preference for sharing their work - on their own terms.
- He strove to reach a balance between the musical preferences of fans and the band's own artistic pursuits.
- These students want to identify themselves through their musical preferences.
- The legs of his pants end above the tops of his shoes, a fashion preference dictated by the hours he spends ankle-deep in wet grass.
- 2 uncountable 2.1 (priority) most employers give preference to people with practical experience2.2 (Economics, Finance) (before noun) preference shares o stockla mayoría de los empleadores dan preferencia a gente con experiencia prácticaacciones (feminine plural) privilegiadas or preferentesExample sentences
- The payment had the effect of conferring a preference, priority or advantage on those creditors over the other creditors.
- That must be so whether the preference took the form of the payment of a debt or the grant of a security.
- If the Court is against us on preferences, then those credits come back into our loan account.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to