Translation of prejudice in Spanish:
- 1 u and c (biased opinion) prejuicio (masculine) her lack of prejudice su falta de prejuicios color prejudice prejuicio(s) racial(es) prejudice
againstsb/sth prejuicios (masculine plural) contraalgn/algoExample sentences
- Some prejudices (preconceived opinions of an individual based on opinions about the many) have names such as racism, sexism, or ageism.
- Preconceived notions are prejudices about what is supposed to happen during the ritual, or the way in which the ritual must be done.
- As a straight woman with my own prejudices and preconceptions, I fall somewhere in between.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (injury, harm) [formal] perjuicio (masculine) without prejudice sin perjuicio de los derechos de los firmantes ( or declarantes etc) without prejudice to your claim sin perjuicio de su derecho to the prejudice of sth/sb en perjuicio or en detrimento de algo/algnExample sentences
- In that respect, we do not consider that any prejudice in fact resulted.
- In the circumstances, it is necessary to assess whether the delay has caused irremediable prejudice to the defendant.
- The Inspector failed to set out adequate reasons for his decision, as a result of which the Claimant has suffered substantial prejudice.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 (influence) predisponer* to prejudice sth/sb
against/in favor ofsth/sb predisponer* algo/a algn en contra de/a favor dealgo/algn
- 2 (harm) [case/claim] perjudicar*
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas