Translation of prejudice in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable and countable (biased opinion) her lack of prejudicesu falta de prejuicioscolor prejudice prejudice
againstsomebody/somethingprejuicios (masculine plural) contraalguien/algoExample sentences
- Some prejudices (preconceived opinions of an individual based on opinions about the many) have names such as racism, sexism, or ageism.
- Preconceived notions are prejudices about what is supposed to happen during the ritual, or the way in which the ritual must be done.
- As a straight woman with my own prejudices and preconceptions, I fall somewhere in between.
- 2 uncountable (injury, harm) [formal] without prejudicesin perjuicio de los derechos de los firmantes ( or declarantes etc. )without prejudice to your claimsin perjuicio de su derechoto the prejudice of something/somebodyen perjuicio or en detrimento de algo/alguienExample sentences
- In that respect, we do not consider that any prejudice in fact resulted.
- In the circumstances, it is necessary to assess whether the delay has caused irremediable prejudice to the defendant.
- The Inspector failed to set out adequate reasons for his decision, as a result of which the Claimant has suffered substantial prejudice.
- 1 (influence) to prejudice something/somebody
against/in favor ofsomething/somebodypredisponer algo/a alguien en contra de/a favor dealgo/alguienExample sentences
- There are very many legal things I can think of that would prejudice me against a person more than smoking.
- The smell of antiseptic and the fear of injections prejudiced me against him then, but he was the most important person in our village.
- 2 (harm)(case/claim)
- We do not believe this extension would prejudice the state in any way in light of the Florida Supreme Court's opinion.
- But I believe that routine disclosure of any Category A reports would be likely to prejudice the purpose of preventing or detecting crime.
- It is little bit hard to see how a guarantor is prejudiced by having a 10-year obligation reduced to some shorter obligation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.