Translation of premise in Spanish:
- 1 (Philos)Example sentences
- A valid inference is one where the conclusion follows from the premiss.
- More formally, the conclusion of a deduction follows necessarily from the premisses.
- Such propositions appear only as premises, never as conclusions.
- It is the fundamental premise of the theory of evolution.
- The fundamental premise of the report is that violence is both predictable and preventable.
- The central premise of the theory is that disorder operates on honest people and on the disorderly in different ways.
- 2also: premises plural(building, site) they've moved to new premisesmeals are cooked on the premisese han mudado a un nuevo local ( or a nuevas oficinas etc)to be consumed on/off the premiseslas comidas se preparan en el mismo establecimientoanimals may not be kept on these premisespara consumir dentro/fuera del localthey were escorted off the premisesprohibido tener animales en este edificiolicensed premises (British English)se los hizo salir del local(establecimiento autorizado para vender bebidas alcohólicas)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.