- 1 [Philosophy/Filosofía] premisa (feminine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- A valid inference is one where the conclusion follows from the premiss.
- More formally, the conclusion of a deduction follows necessarily from the premisses.
- Such propositions appear only as premises, never as conclusions.
- It is the fundamental premise of the theory of evolution.
- The fundamental premise of the report is that violence is both predictable and preventable.
- The central premise of the theory is that disorder operates on honest people and on the disorderly in different ways.
- 2(premises plural)(building, site) local (masculine) they've moved to new premises se han mudado a un nuevo local ( or a nuevas oficinas etc) meals are cooked on the premise las comidas se preparan en el mismo establecimiento to be consumed on/off the premises para consumir dentro/fuera del local animals may not be kept on these premises prohibido tener animales en este edificio they were escorted off the premises se los hizo salir del local licensed premises (British English/inglés británico) establecimiento autorizado para vender bebidas alcohólicas
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a privately owned school that receives no government funds is called a colegio privado. Parents pay monthly fees. Colegios privados cover all stages of primary and secondary education.