- 1 [Phil] premisa (f)More example sentences
More example sentences
- A valid inference is one where the conclusion follows from the premiss.
- More formally, the conclusion of a deduction follows necessarily from the premisses.
- Such propositions appear only as premises, never as conclusions.
- It is the fundamental premise of the theory of evolution.
- The fundamental premise of the report is that violence is both predictable and preventable.
- The central premise of the theory is that disorder operates on honest people and on the disorderly in different ways.
- 2(premises pl)(building, site) local (m) they've moved to new premises se han mudado a un nuevo local ( or a nuevas oficinas etc) meals are cooked on the premise las comidas se preparan en el mismo establecimiento to be consumed on/off the premises para consumir dentro/fuera del local animals may not be kept on these premises prohibido tener animales en este edificio they were escorted off the premises se los hizo salir del local licensed premises (BrE) establecimiento autorizado para vender bebidas alcohólicas
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
La movida madrileña is an expression referring to the Madrid social and cultural scene of the late 1970s and early 1980s, and the people involved in it. It was a youth phenomenon based around night spots in the city, such as the now defunct club Rock-Ola. One of the leading lights of the movida was the movie director Pedro Almodóvar.