Translation of premise in Spanish:
- 1 [Philos] premisa (feminine)Example sentences
- A valid inference is one where the conclusion follows from the premiss.
- More formally, the conclusion of a deduction follows necessarily from the premisses.
- Such propositions appear only as premises, never as conclusions.
- It is the fundamental premise of the theory of evolution.
- The fundamental premise of the report is that violence is both predictable and preventable.
- The central premise of the theory is that disorder operates on honest people and on the disorderly in different ways.
- 2(premises plural)(building, site) local (masculine) they've moved to new premises se han mudado a un nuevo local ( or a nuevas oficinas etc) meals are cooked on the premise las comidas se preparan en el mismo establecimiento to be consumed on/off the premises para consumir dentro/fuera del local animals may not be kept on these premises prohibido tener animales en este edificio they were escorted off the premises se los hizo salir del local licensed premises (British English/inglés británico) [ establecimiento autorizado para vender bebidas alcohólicas ]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the