Translation of premise in Spanish:
- 1 (Philosophy)Example sentences
- A valid inference is one where the conclusion follows from the premiss.
- More formally, the conclusion of a deduction follows necessarily from the premisses.
- Such propositions appear only as premises, never as conclusions.
- It is the fundamental premise of the theory of evolution.
- The fundamental premise of the report is that violence is both predictable and preventable.
- The central premise of the theory is that disorder operates on honest people and on the disorderly in different ways.
- 2also: premises plural(building, site) they've moved to new premisesse han mudado a un nuevo local ( or a nuevas oficinas etc)meals are cooked on the premiselas comidas se preparan en el mismo establecimientoto be consumed on/off the premisespara consumir dentro/fuera del localanimals may not be kept on these premisesprohibido tener animales en este edificiothey were escorted off the premisesse los hizo salir del locallicensed premises (British English)(establecimiento autorizado para vender bebidas alcohólicas)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.