Translation of premium in Spanish:
- 1.1also: insurance premiumprima (feminine) de seguro1.2 (surcharge) to put a premium on somethinghacer hincapié en algoVictorian furniture sells at a premium these days
darle mucha importancia a algohoy en día los muebles victorianos están muy cotizadosto be at a premium(in short supply)
escasear(lit: above par)when time is at a premium
estar por encima de la parcuando el tiempo apremiaExample sentences1.3 (bonus)
- An indemnity bond is a premium charged by the lender and paid by the customer to insure the lender against a default in mortgage repayments by the borrower.
- Employers in the restaurant, bar and tourist trade have been particularly vocal in querying the provisions on tips, weekend premiums and service charges.
- Managers want to pay as small a premium to the market price as possible.
- Much of the increase in the wage premium for education and skills is due to technological change that has increased demand for highly educated workers.
- American workers who use computers command a wage premium of 15% over workers who do not.
- In other words, the wage premium earned by the highly skilled is increasing.
- (before noun)de primerapremium grade gasoline (American English)
de alta calidadgasolina (feminine) or (Andes) bencina (feminine) or (River Plate area) nafta (feminine) súperpremium price/rateprecio (masculine) elevadopremium productproducto (masculine) de superior calidad
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.