Translation of preoccupation in Spanish:
- 1 c and u 1.1 (concern) preocupación (feminine) my main preoccupation was not to offend my parents mi mayor preocupación era no ofender a mis padres she is only concerned with her own private preoccupations no piensa nada más que en sus propias preocupacionesExample sentences1.2 (obsession) obsesión (feminine)preoccupation
- Man Listening To Disc and Marginalia are creepily accurate portrayals of aspects of my two main preoccupations.
- Melburnians tend to have two main preoccupations, the two S's: sport and Sydney.
- Much more interesting is the fact that Larkin waited so confidently for his methods and preoccupations to come into focus.
withsth she was criticized for her preoccupation with work la criticaron por pensar demasiado en el trabajo his excessive preoccupation with hygiene su manía or su obsesión con la higiene
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (absorbed state of mind) preocupación (feminine)Example sentences
- The real escalation is in our narcissistic preoccupation with ourselves.
- Moreover, Lyly's preoccupation with mistaken identity may have influenced Shakespeare.
- The saving grace of the past few days has been my preoccupation with a new geeky toy, a DVD recorder.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas