Translation of preparation in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (act) titles in preparationpróximos títulosExample sentences1.2 countable
also: preparations plural(arrangements) See examples:preparation (
- We had meetings with all political parties before the general election and will continue this process in preparation for the next general election.
- A tangled mess of instruments often takes an inordinate amount of time to sort out in preparation for processing.
- One or two subject-matter experts, within the company, would continue the leader training process in preparation for upcoming cycles.
forsomething) the Christmas preparationsto make preparations for somethinglos preparativos para or de Navidadhacer preparativos para algoExample sentences1.3in preparation forthe buildings had been cleaned in preparation for the visit
I baked all afternoon in preparation for the partyse habían limpiado los edificios como parte de los preparativos para la visitame pasé toda la tarde haciendo pasteles para la fiesta
- At the moment, the site is tracking preparations for the event and reflecting opinion from across the political spectrum.
- The event is now one of the premier golfing tournaments in the country and as usual the County Sligo Golf Club is making final preparations for the event.
- Critics at the discussion pointed to the preparations for the annual event, which they said lacked concept and were often poorly executed.
- 2 countable or uncountable (substance)Example sentences
- Food preparations based on fruits and vegetables are completely exempt from excise duty.
- It is also time to delve into the efficacy of traditional foods and medicinal preparations for which India is known.
- Chicken stew, beef curry and vegetarian preparations are served while hot.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.