- 1 1.1 u (act) preparación (f) titles in preparation próximos títulosMore example sentences1.2 c
(preparations pl)(arrangements) preparation (
- We had meetings with all political parties before the general election and will continue this process in preparation for the next general election.
- A tangled mess of instruments often takes an inordinate amount of time to sort out in preparation for processing.
- One or two subject-matter experts, within the company, would continue the leader training process in preparation for upcoming cycles.
forsth) preparativos (mpl)( paraor dealgo) the Christmas preparations los preparativos para or de Navidad to make preparations for sth hacer* preparativos para algoMore example sentences1.3in preparation for the buildings had been cleaned in preparation for the visit se habían limpiado los edificios como parte de los preparativos para la visita I baked all afternoon in preparation for the party me pasé toda la tarde haciendo pasteles para la fiesta
- At the moment, the site is tracking preparations for the event and reflecting opinion from across the political spectrum.
- The event is now one of the premier golfing tournaments in the country and as usual the County Sligo Golf Club is making final preparations for the event.
- Critics at the discussion pointed to the preparations for the annual event, which they said lacked concept and were often poorly executed.
- 2 c u (substance) preparado (m)More example sentences
- Food preparations based on fruits and vegetables are completely exempt from excise duty.
- It is also time to delve into the efficacy of traditional foods and medicinal preparations for which India is known.
- Chicken stew, beef curry and vegetarian preparations are served while hot.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
La movida madrileña is an expression referring to the Madrid social and cultural scene of the late 1970s and early 1980s, and the people involved in it. It was a youth phenomenon based around night spots in the city, such as the now defunct club Rock-Ola. One of the leading lights of the movida was the movie director Pedro Almodóvar.