Translation of prepare in Spanish:
- 1 (make ready)(room/equipment)our teacher is preparing us for the exam
prepararla profesora nos está preparando para el examenI've been preparing myself for the interviewme he estado preparando para la entrevistaprepare yourself for a shock!¡prepárate!I prepared myself mentallyme preparé mentalmenteto prepare the ground o the way for somethingpreparar el terreno para algoExample sentences
- The research team is currently preparing manuscripts for consideration.
- Officials are currently preparing advice for consideration by the Government in the very near future.
- As a result of those select committee considerations, reports are prepared that are tabled in the House.
- 2 (make, put together)(speech/meal)
preparar(report)I'm preparing a paper for a conference
redactarestoy preparando un trabajo para un congresoprepared with the finest ingredientspreparado con los mejores ingredientesExample sentences
- Without a refrigerator or stove, and perhaps only a hot plate to prepare meals, food choices are expensive and generally not very nutritious.
- The Meath man even showed his cooking skills when he prepared a meal for the judges in the early hours of Monday morning.
- Reading food labels and preparing your own meals with herbs and spices instead of salt can make a big difference.
- I had prepared a few words for my 45-second statement, and one of the guys typed it into their system - I don't know what he made of it.
- On this special occasion, the trimaran's skipper had prepared a few words in German for the local audience.
- "Adolescents are not passive," the study author and sociology professor said in a prepared statement.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.