Translation of prepare in Spanish:
- 1 (make ready)(room/equipment)our teacher is preparing us for the examI've been preparing myself for the interviewla profesora nos está preparando para el examenprepare yourself for a shock!me he estado preparando para la entrevistaI prepared myself mentally¡prepárate!to prepare the ground o the way for somethingme preparé mentalmentepreparar el terreno para algoExample sentences
- The research team is currently preparing manuscripts for consideration.
- Officials are currently preparing advice for consideration by the Government in the very near future.
- As a result of those select committee considerations, reports are prepared that are tabled in the House.
- 2 (make, put together)(speech/meal)(report)I'm preparing a paper for a conferenceprepared with the finest ingredientsestoy preparando un trabajo para un congresopreparado con los mejores ingredientesExample sentences
- Without a refrigerator or stove, and perhaps only a hot plate to prepare meals, food choices are expensive and generally not very nutritious.
- The Meath man even showed his cooking skills when he prepared a meal for the judges in the early hours of Monday morning.
- Reading food labels and preparing your own meals with herbs and spices instead of salt can make a big difference.
- I had prepared a few words for my 45-second statement, and one of the guys typed it into their system - I don't know what he made of it.
- On this special occasion, the trimaran's skipper had prepared a few words in German for the local audience.
- "Adolescents are not passive," the study author and sociology professor said in a prepared statement.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.