Translation of prerogative in Spanish:
- 1.1 (right) prerogative of mercy I've changed my mind — that's your prerogativehe cambiado de opinión — estás en todo tu derechoExample sentences1.2 (exclusive property)
patrimonio (masculine) exclusivoExample sentences
- The investment was heralded far and wide, and this Malaysian-based group was given privileges and prerogatives, including labour exemptions, apparently as part of the incentives for them to set up shop here.
- Changing a future child's genetic makeup, and experimenting with the genetic legacy of humanity, fall outside any acceptable notion of individual rights or parental prerogatives.
- The difference was that these middle-class Peruvians did not lose any prerogatives or privileges.
- While admiration of the moon is a distinctive women's activity in a garden setting, this was not purely a female prerogative.
- In contrast, the elegantly cultivated beard was long the prerogative of royalty and the privileged classes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.