Translation of president in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of state)President of the European Commissionpresidente, (-ta) (masculine, feminine)Presidente (masculine and feminine) de la Comisión EuropeaExample sentences1.2 (of society)
presidente, (-ta) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences1.3 (of bank, corporation)
- It had a democratically elected president and a Congress just as we do.
- I never thought I'd be so well cared for by the president and the Republicans in Congress.
- Everyone who says vote Democrat at any price accepts that somehow Democratic presidents have a better record than Republican presidents.
(especially American English)director, (-tora) (masculine, feminine)presidente, (-ta) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences1.4 (of university)
- It's hard to be interested in winning when your organization - from the president down to the manager - isn't.
- Samuel Pepys was the son of a London tailor and a president of the Royal Society.
- And we'll also have gorillas, crows, dogs, and the new president of the Royal Society of London.
(American English)rector, (-tora) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- Foster was the president of Shaker Title Services, which is now defunct.
- Ecuador's state oil company president resigned Tuesday for failing to halt a steady decline in production.
- A new president of Murray State University, F. King Alexander, took office this past winter.
- Only 2 percent of all women presidents head major research universities.
- The chief executive officer of a university is the president, who is usually appointed by the government.
Cultural Note: President
Cultural Note: President's Day
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to