Translation of pressurize in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [Aerospace/Espacio] [Aviation/Aviación] presurizar*Example sentences1.2 (urge) (British English/inglés británico) pressure 2
- Both the Fokker F27 and the Fokker 50 aircraft have pressurised cabins allowing them to fly above weather conditions and providing a smoother flight.
- Stay off planes for at least 13 hours after diving: Even pressurized cabins in commercial aircraft can bring on decompression sickness, i.e., the dreaded bends.
- If the cabin is pressurized, do not descend at a rate exceeding the value calculated by the flight engineer, and either adjust automatic pilot for descent or turn it OFF.
- It is vital that the clergy's attempts to pressurise politicians are rebuffed.
- This gives the family enough time to pressurize the girl and influence the nature of the statement she gives.
- Patients, their families and relatives will also be asked to pressurise local politicians to force the Government to halt the cutbacks.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.