Translation of presumption in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable (boldness) it was pure presumption on his partthe presumption of the man!fue un atrevimiento or una osadía de su parte¡qué tupé! [colloquial]Example sentences1.2 countable or uncountable (assumption) the presumption is that one of them was a spy
presumption of innocence (Law)se supone que uno de ellos era espíaExample sentences
- I can't convince people there is a God and I really have no desire to, except in moments of arrogant presumption that somehow my knowledge is better than that of others.
- Which will probably teach me something about arrogance and presumption.
- It is one thing to seek to excuse Machiavelli's cynicism and cruelty on the grounds that he was a man of his time - a victim as well as an architect of Renaissance arrogance and presumption.
- In London a spokesman for the Lord Chancellor's office said family law cases in England and Wales were generally heard in camera, although there was no presumption that they had to be.
- My own personal presumption is innocence until proven guilty.
- The presumption that everyone in Brisbane follows the Broncos is nonsense… and the number of Bulldogs fans at Lang Park last Sunday surely confirm that.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.