Translation of presumption in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (boldness) atrevimiento (masculine), osadía (feminine), audacia (feminine) it was pure presumption on his part fue un atrevimiento or una osadía de su parte the presumption of the man! ¡qué atrevimiento!, ¡qué tupé! [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences1.2 c and u (assumption) suposición (feminine), presunción (feminine) the presumption is that one of them was a spy se supone que uno de ellos era espía presumption of innocence [Law/Derecho] presunción (feminine) de inocencia
- I can't convince people there is a God and I really have no desire to, except in moments of arrogant presumption that somehow my knowledge is better than that of others.
- Which will probably teach me something about arrogance and presumption.
- It is one thing to seek to excuse Machiavelli's cynicism and cruelty on the grounds that he was a man of his time - a victim as well as an architect of Renaissance arrogance and presumption.
- In London a spokesman for the Lord Chancellor's office said family law cases in England and Wales were generally heard in camera, although there was no presumption that they had to be.
- My own personal presumption is innocence until proven guilty.
- The presumption that everyone in Brisbane follows the Broncos is nonsense… and the number of Bulldogs fans at Lang Park last Sunday surely confirm that.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.