Translation of presumption in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (boldness) it was pure presumption on his partfue un atrevimiento or una osadía de su partethe presumption of the man!¡qué atrevimiento!¡qué tupé! [colloquial]Example sentences
- I can't convince people there is a God and I really have no desire to, except in moments of arrogant presumption that somehow my knowledge is better than that of others.
- Which will probably teach me something about arrogance and presumption.
- It is one thing to seek to excuse Machiavelli's cynicism and cruelty on the grounds that he was a man of his time - a victim as well as an architect of Renaissance arrogance and presumption.
- 2 countable or uncountable (assumption) the presumption is that one of them was a spyse supone que uno de ellos era espíapresumption of innocence (Law)Example sentences
- In London a spokesman for the Lord Chancellor's office said family law cases in England and Wales were generally heard in camera, although there was no presumption that they had to be.
- My own personal presumption is innocence until proven guilty.
- The presumption that everyone in Brisbane follows the Broncos is nonsense… and the number of Bulldogs fans at Lang Park last Sunday surely confirm that.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.