Translation of prevail in Spanish:
- 1 (triumph)(justice/common sense)
over/ againstsomebody/somethingprevalecer sobrealguien/algoExample sentences
- Your nation endured the blitz to prevail over an implacable foe.
- What is to be gained by letting egos prevail over common sense?
- Rapoport presents this method as a means to help one to prevail over an opponent in an argument.
- 2 (predominate)(sunshine/winds)
- But they warned that if no rain falls within the next two months, a crisis might prevail in the area.
- The family home we stayed in was small, basic, clean and with a very friendly atmosphere prevailing.
- Cuba will make every effort to preserve the atmosphere of détente and mutual respect that has prevailed in that area in the past few years.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.