- 1.1 (fruit) higo (m) chumbo, tuna (f)More example sentences1.2 (plant) chumbera (f), nopal (m), tuna (f)
More example sentences
- I stole a pumpkin a few days back from the garden… It's feeding me, as are chard and avocados, a few prickly pears, and oranges.
- And what about Mexico, where eighty species of Opuntia support a cochineal dye industry and are the source of edible prickly pear fruit?
- Among the other hits here are a graceful Caesar salad and a first course of lean, intense boar ribs perched over an interesting, not sickeningly sweet glaze infused with juice from the fruit of the prickly pear cactus.
- We are rich with saguaros, prickly pear, and cholla cacti, and palo verde, and mesquite trees.
- But still you'd bump into a prickly pear or cholla cactus and have to stop and pull the thorns out of person's leg or shoe.
- In the gardens are lemon and lime trees, prickly pear cactus plants, fig trees and ornamental palms.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexico, today is Conmemoración de la Proclamación de la Independencia. Throughout the country, at 11 o'clock at night, there is a communal shout, El Grito, in memory of Padre Hidalgo's cry of independence from the Spanish in the town of Dolores.