Translation of primary in Spanish:
- 2 2.1 (first, basic)(source/sector)
- As primary bone tumors are rare in toddlers, search for a primary tumor metastatic to bones is needed.
- The risk for developing metastatic lesions from primary cutaneous melanomas increases with tumor thickness.
- Biopsy of the primary growth itself is diagnostic and may show caseating granulomatous inflammation.
- These two pins are the primary winding of the transformer.
- Alternating current flowing in the primary (input) coil creates a continually changing magnetic field in the iron core, this field also passes through the secondary (output) coil and the changing strength of the magnetic field induces an alternating voltage in the secondary coil.
- A current transformer has a pair of input terminals and a primary side which is switchable to different measuring ranges.
noun plural -ries→ primary - primary election → primary school
- 1 (in US) (Politics)Example sentences
- During a political party's election primaries, its best talent is selected and nominated to run for public office.
- Candidates are able rationally to plan a strategy for the primaries and the general election.
- I mean, anybody can vote for anybody in the general election, the primaries are long over and in Florida, they're so late in the season they hardly matter anyway.
Cultural Note: primary - primary election
Cultural Note: primary school
En Gran Bretaña, colegio estatal para niños cuyas edades están comprendidas entre los 5 y los 11 años.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.