Translation of primitive in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Anthropology/Antropología] [man/society] primitivoExample sentences1.2 (unsophisticated) [dwelling/weapon/method] primitivo, rudimentario
Example sentences1.3 [urges/instincts] primario
- Proponents of the multiregional theory consider Neanderthals as an earlier primitive stage in the development of modern Europeans.
- These characteristics of B. bahloi are expected to be found in the ancestor of B. attenuatus, since they represent a more primitive evolutionary stage.
- Some social theorists such as Marx viewed slavery as a necessary but primitive stage in the evolution of human institutions despite it being inherently wasteful and inefficient.
Example sentences1.4 [Art/Arte] primitivo
- The path was in many places a primitive stairway, or crude stepladder, at first through a jungle, and later up a very steep, grass-covered slope.
- At the time of his marriage in May of 1747 Hamilton had struggled for almost eight years to create a comfortable niche in a primitive New World environment.
- You must be prepared to leave the comfort of your home for a more primitive place in the country many miles away at which you will live and work for two months.
- She discovered that I didn't revert to ballet steps, but with primitive glee made wild, exuberant jumps when we danced to Offenbach's Gaite Parisienne.
- And the raw primitive hope was crushed to produce an equally raw and primitive anger.
- The evolutionarily primitive aspect of emotion helps to explain its power to disrupt thinking.
- His book They Taught Themselves chronicled the creative lives of a number of amateur artists whose primitive and naive styles appealed to his modernist eye.
- Matisse was not one to rest on his laurels, and he continued studying various styles including primitive art, and the work of painters in other disciplines.
- These two sources - Cézanne and primitive art - were of great importance in the genesis of Cubism.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.