Translation of primitive in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Anthropology/Antropología] [man/society] primitivoExample sentences1.2 (unsophisticated) [dwelling/weapon/method] primitivo, rudimentario
Example sentences1.3 [urges/instincts] primario
- Proponents of the multiregional theory consider Neanderthals as an earlier primitive stage in the development of modern Europeans.
- These characteristics of B. bahloi are expected to be found in the ancestor of B. attenuatus, since they represent a more primitive evolutionary stage.
- Some social theorists such as Marx viewed slavery as a necessary but primitive stage in the evolution of human institutions despite it being inherently wasteful and inefficient.
Example sentences1.4 [Art/Arte] primitivo
- The path was in many places a primitive stairway, or crude stepladder, at first through a jungle, and later up a very steep, grass-covered slope.
- At the time of his marriage in May of 1747 Hamilton had struggled for almost eight years to create a comfortable niche in a primitive New World environment.
- You must be prepared to leave the comfort of your home for a more primitive place in the country many miles away at which you will live and work for two months.
- She discovered that I didn't revert to ballet steps, but with primitive glee made wild, exuberant jumps when we danced to Offenbach's Gaite Parisienne.
- And the raw primitive hope was crushed to produce an equally raw and primitive anger.
- The evolutionarily primitive aspect of emotion helps to explain its power to disrupt thinking.
- His book They Taught Themselves chronicled the creative lives of a number of amateur artists whose primitive and naive styles appealed to his modernist eye.
- Matisse was not one to rest on his laurels, and he continued studying various styles including primitive art, and the work of painters in other disciplines.
- These two sources - Cézanne and primitive art - were of great importance in the genesis of Cubism.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is the Día de los Santos Inocentes, a religious festival celebrated in the Spanish-speaking world to commemorate the New Testament story of the massacre of the "Innocents", by playing practical jokes, or inocentadas, on one another. The classic inocentada is to hang paper dolls on someone's back without their knowing. Spoof news stories also appear in newspapers and the media.