Translation of principle in Spanish:
- 1 countable 1.1 (basic fact, law) in principleen principioI work on the principle that nothing is impossibleyo parto de la base de que nada es imposibleon that principlesobre esa baseto start from first principles
partiendo de esa baseempezar por lo básico or por los principios fundamentalesto go back to first principlesvolver a lo básico or a los principios fundamentalesExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (motive force) the pleasure principle
- And yet, of course, our principles of fairness and justice must be upheld.
- Although its application was inevitably uneven, the Code Napoléon was intended to serve as a universal set of principles founded on reason.
- Following the enlightenment principle of truth through reason alone, it was thought that history cannot be determined until theology has been removed.
el principio de placerExample sentences
- Yet, that was the age of levers and pulleys, and machines based on mechanical principles were being used as analog computers in many different ways.
- The principles underlying steam power, machine tools, and mass production were less familiar, hence less transparent.
- However, back then, explanations that were given to the general public regarding the actual principle of the flying machine appeared to be quite vague.
- If you can forsake your fundamental principles for any reason then you are not the kind of person who can take the country forward.
- Rarely have I encountered anyone as passionate and determined in his principles as Donald Bruce, a true patriot and a man who led a remarkable life.
- There are three key defining experiences in my life that form the foundation of my principles and beliefs.
- 2 countable and uncountable (rule of conduct) a man/woman of (high) principleun hombre/una mujer de principiosit was a matter of principleera una cuestión de principiosI never borrow money, on principle or as a matter of principlenunca pido dinero prestado, por principioto have no principlesno tener principiosit is against my principlesva contra mis principiosshe's always lived up to her principlessiempre ha sido consecuente con sus principiosit's the principle of the thing
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.