Translation of print in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (Printing) 1.1(lettering) letra (feminine)in large printen letra grande or en caracteres grandesthe fine print (American English) o (especially British English) small printla letra menuda or pequeña or (in Latin America also) chicaExample sentences1.2 (text, image)a page of print
una página impresaacres of print have been devoted to the subjecthan corrido ríos de tinta sobre el temathe medium of printla letra impresain print(published) publicado(available) a la ventahe hoped to see his work in printesperaba ver su trabajo publicadoto get into/appear in printpublicarsehe's just gone into printacaban de publicarle una obraout of print to go out of printagotarse(before noun) print unionsindicato (masculine) de tipógrafosprint workertipógrafo, (-fa) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- New technical terms are presented in the text in bold-faced print and the definitions of these terms are conveniently located at the bottom of each page.
- The book's overall dimensions, font size, and uses of bold print make it very user friendly.
- She produced the piece of paper to which the notice had been attached, and which now bore the word ‘Declined’ in bold print, with a signature below.
- So, when I find a book which comes from one of the well-known firms which publish more or less anything for an author who is keen to get into print, the first thing I want to know is, Can the guy write?
- Of course, it would be a mistake to assume, from this evidence, that if you just persevere long enough you are bound to get into print eventually; you might end up by getting nowhere.
- The main target group was, after all, mostly younger scholars who were very keen to get into print and whom one wanted to give a stake in the success of the field.
- 2 countable 2.1 (picture) (Art, Printing) 2.2 (Cinema, Photography)Example sentences
- For sharp prints good contact between the negative and sensitized paper is critical.
- Just under the water sheet, you can see dim grass photographs, two prints coloured to the temperature of glass that glint from one sky refraction to another.
- When making a print from a negative, parts of the paper are exposed more or less than the rest to hold details in highlights or pull detail from shadows.
- A slight flicker is evident from time to time, and there are numerous small scratches in both the film print and the soundtrack.
- It's a bad print of a film that hasn't been seen much over the past 39 years.
- Don't miss this opportunity to see a beautiful print of a film that might very well be one of the best you'll see all year.
- Apart from paintings her work included prints and designs for stained glass and tapestries.
- The current exhibition brings together more than 300 paintings, drawings, prints, watercolors and sculptures.
- Ultimately, Pieter Bruegel's paintings and prints were the weightiest works deriving from the idiom.
- 3 countableExample sentences
- A paw print was found at one of the locations where it was seen.
- We spent a misty day walking through the forests around Forsmark, where the newly fallen snow held the paw prints of lynx and the big M-shaped hoof marks of moose.
- Gazing down from her perspective of about ten feet off the surface, boot prints showed up in the dust around the craft.
- 4 countable or uncountable(fabric) estampado (masculine)a floral printun estampado de floresExample sentences
- Natasha, Vivienne and company modelled pastel richly coloured print dresses and two pieces ideal for summer weddings, the races and parties.
- For a print fabric, convert the front pattern piece to a full piece instead of the half piece with a foldline.
- Authentic Chinese patterns come to life in silk jacquards, prints and exquisite beaded pieces.
- 1 1.1(letter/text/design)the title is printed in red
imprimirel título está impreso en rojoprinted in Londonimpreso en Londresto print something
on/ ontosomethingimprimir algo1.2 (print image on) enalgo(fabric)
estamparExample sentences1.3 (publish)
- The fabric was printed with a simple design, and the full skirt accentuated her tiny waist.
- Traditional fabrics were block printed with geometric designs.
- The cloth is printed with a mix of ethnically distinct Papuan motifs, usually in bright colours (initially due to a difficulty in sourcing dye from Java).
also: printed past participleprinted papers o matterimpresos (masculine plural)the printed wordla letra impresaprinted fabric printed circuit printed circuitrycircuitos (masculine plural) impresosExample sentences
- In its early days some books were printed on India paper, which was so fine that some volumes were reduced to half their original size.
- Harsh penalties were imposed for printing newspapers on unstamped paper.
- Secondly, the book is printed on pulp paper of abysmal quality.
- The day after this Sunday creation event, the city newspaper printed a full page article on the creation vs. evolution debate.
- One newspaper printed a piece under the headline ‘Death of the Butterfly.’
- I would like to know why it is so hard these days for a skateboard magazine to print any writing at all that describes skating.
- 2 (write clearly)escribir con letra de imprenta or de moldeExample sentences
- The charge that some letters of some signatures are printed rather than written is particularly ludicrous.
- What I found was a silver chain, with a plaque in which was clearly printed the name ‘Kiley.’
- I printed MEG PICKARD clearly, and handed her the form.
- 3 (Photography)(negative)to print a copy from something
imprimirsacar una copia de algoExample sentences
- His photographs are occasionally painted on, after being printed from negatives he has altered and scratched.
- Because they could be printed from a negative, cartes de visite could be mass produced, unlike most earlier photographic processes.
- The photographs have been printed from a collection of lost negatives that were found by collector John Bosko.
- 4 (make impression) (usually passive) the footmark was clearly printed in the sandla huella del pie estaba claramente marcada en la arenathe scene is printed on my memorytengo la escena grabada en la memoriaExample sentences
- Her forehead was swelling red, with the Frisbee's mark printed on it.
- Another method of hiding the message was printed in the surface of mooncakes as a simple puzzle or mosaic.
- Despite the fact that I don't understand any of what's printed on them, I really enjoy the tiny red bean mooncakes here... and anything made of taro.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.